18. choke

"puck needs help?"

(school's out by puck)

noah puckerman was really having trouble with bringing his grade up before graduation. and that worried finn and jade. finn had told jade that puck had failed his test and that if he didn't pass the upcoming one, he would not graduate.

jade could sense how frustrated puck was as he sang. she gave finn at look as finn didn't know how to react.

puck had left once he was done singing. as the bell rang, everyone began to head out. "i'll catch up to you guys. i have to do something really quickly." jade said as sam, finn, and rachel were heading to walk out with her.

sam looked at his girlfriend with furrowed eyebrows. "are you sure? i can come with you." jade shook her head. "no, it's fine. i think it's best if i go alone."

and with that, jade went to go look for puck as sam just stood there confused. "hey man, don't worry. she'll be alright." finn pressured him as he patted him on the shoulder. sam sighed and walked out with him.

jade caught up to puck who was in the middle of the hallway. "hey, puck. wait up."

puck turned around and sighed. "you're not gonna give me a pep talk to about how i have to work hard in order to graduate. or how i can't drop out."

jade looked at him confused. "uh, no actually. i was just gonna ask you if you were alright and if you needed help on studying. sam told me you wanted me to help you because i'm like albert einstein."

puck's face soften a bit. "look, can we talk about this in a private area were not everyone is hearing about this."

jade nodded her head and led puck to an empty classroom. "so, do you still want me to help you study or?"

"you helping me study is not gonna change that fact that i am not graduating. i'm one of the stupidest people you'll ever meet, jade. i might graduate with you or with your younger brother. nothing you or finn or anyone can do, will help. might as well drop out."

she could see how he wanted to cry. she could sense the stress and the frustration just by the way he talked and the way he kept walking back and forth.

"puck, you never know what can happened if you just let me help you. finn told me that you need to pass this upcoming european test. if finn is helping you study, i don't think your grade would go up, no offense." puck chuckled and that made her smile knowing she could lighten his mood a bit.

"fine. tomorrow after school, i have to do some pool cleaning at mrs. collins house. you can come with me and help me study. maybe after that, we can go eat or something. like a date."