Deja Vu

The days had become colder.

Bradley woke up, sweating.

Another nightmare.

He was drenched in sweat, trying to control his breathing.

He was back in his room, his heart pounding. He looked down at his chest, his bandage clean. It had all been a dream.

Ever since leaving the hospital, he couldn't help but be afraid of every shadow, every unexpected tap on the shoulder.

He had fought with his parents to stay on campus. He was an adult after all, but they had made him promise to leave for winter break.

He had agreed.

They also stationed their own security on him, to report back to them and make sure Bradley was safe. Those were the conditions.

He got up, knowing it was pointless to stay in bed. He wouldn't be able to go back to sleep.

The paper he was working on was still on his desk from the night before. He figured it would be a good use of time to finish that. Maybe he would take a light jog in the morning, a really light jog, but he knew he was pushing it. He wouldn't be able to do more than walk.

He went to the bathroom and refused to look at his reflection. He hadn't seen evil Bradley in a while, and he intended to keep it that way.

He brushed his teeth and got changed, his back hurting when he rose his arms to put on his sweater. He hoped that in a month's time he would be better. He had to be.

It was too early to call Cora. She had been his companion since he left the hospital. He had kept his word. He wasn't going to push any charges on her brother.

But not because he didn't want to.

But because he knew Jasmine had done as she had said. She had taken care of it.

Jasmine was a Flores after all.

Her name wasn't Snow as she had originally told everyone.

"I wasn't aware of your friendship with the Flores daughter," His mother had told him one morning as his breakfast was being served. They had just changed his bandage, and he was a little on edge from the pain.

"Who?" he asked annoyed. No one he knew had that last name.

"Jasmine," his father responded from across the hospital room. "Surely you knew?"

"Knew what? Her last name is Snow." he said confused. Why were his parents bringing her up?

"We were able to speak to her for some time, after your accident," his mom said, taking a sip of her black coffee. "She was so concerned. You should be dating that girl. Her family is well known."

"What?" Bradley couldn't process anything they were saying.

"I swear, did you hurt your head too son?" his father teased. "Your friend is a Flores. As in the Flores Corporation."

Bradley laughed. They had it all wrong. Jasmine wasn't mafia. Or at least that's what's rumored about one of the most riches family in the world. How would the daughter of the Flores CEO hide away in their campus without being known or recognized?

"She's Jasmine Snow. Not Jasmine Flores," Bradley corrected. "I did date her, back in Sophomore year."

His mother shook her head. "That's not what she told us."