The Aftermath

Bradley walked down the street towards his house, his shoulders hunched. After the kiss with Jasmine, he broke out from the apartment, not saying one word.

The whole time he was kissing her, another person came to his mind. It felt so real that he believed that he was actually kissing her.

He felt so guilty and he didn't understand why.

"Bradley?"

Speak of the devil.
He turned to face her, noticing the sweat rolling down her forehead. She was red and out of breath.

"Cora? What are you doing out so late?" He asked, noticing that she was wearing running gear.

"Trying to clear my head. How about you? Why are you slumped over like something's bit you in the ass?" She joked, beaming up at him. He stood up straighter, embarrassed that she had noticed.

"I had to meet someone, and it didn't go too well." He said, knowing it was partially the truth.

They stood in silence for what seemed like an eternity until she placed a soft hand on his shoulder.

"Do you need time alone?"

Bradley could feel the shift in her emotions, and he shook his head. "Do you mind if I run with you? I want to think some things over."

She smiled, rather surprised at his response but nodded.

........................................................

"I'm so sorry about how our date went," said Tony, as he drove her back in his car.

Roxanne wasn't paying much attention. She was still smiling at the idea that Max could have been spying on them. Is that what really happened?

"Roxanne?"

She jumped a little, being taken away from her thoughts. She felt guilty for thinking of such things. It wasn't as if it was true- could it?

"Sorry, I'm just a bit out of it today. Dinner went well, but I'm just tired."

Tony sighed. "I don't know what they were doing- do you think they're gay?"

Roxanne laughed. "Oh No! Not at all. Believe me- those two were just trying to rattle up something."

"How do you know Max's dad?" Tony asked, the car coming to a stop at a red light. Roxanne shifted uncomfortably in her seat. She had only told Bradley about her and Max. She didn't want any more people to know. After all it was something she wished hadn't happened at all. This is why she was always uneasy. 

"We all went to high school together. The guys and I." she said, looking out the window. 

"Oh." The car began to move again, and she shivered when Tony went and gently placed her hand on her leg and gave it a squeeze. "I'll take you out on a better date, you wait."

Did she want another date? She didn't know. If it was true that Max could be spying on her, maybe he was interested in her after all. 

What are you saying, Roxanne?  There has to be another reason. This wasn't about her. Max was with Jasmine. 

..............................................................................................

"Can I still be grounded?" PJ asked, slumped over on the sofa. 

"Dude," was all Bobby said as he sipped his soda. 

Max was sitting on the couch, looking out the window. He had his leg propped up on a pillow, his shirt off. After tonight he just wanted to go to bed, but he couldn't help but want to wait for Roxanne. He had felt so embarrassed when his dad had come out to find him in the van, confused. 

"Do you think it was worth it?" Mocha asked, rubbing PJ's stomach. He was shaking from nerves. His dad had yelled at him pretty bad. 

"I'm sorry guys, I don't know what I was thinking." Max said, his eyes still focused on the house in front of him. 

"I'm trying to avoid my parents at all cost." PJ said. 

"You have to go talk to them and convince them that you and Bobby aren't an item." Mocha said, trying to suppress a laugh. PJ sighed.

A car pulled up. Tony's car. Max peeped against the corner of the window so they wouldn't catch him spying. 

Again. 

Roxanne walked up to the front of the car, the headlights making her come into full view in the dark night. Tony stepped out, leaving the car on. They mumbled something and Roxanne went in for a hug, but Tony pulled her and kissed her right on the lips. 

"NO!" Max yelled out, and quickly shut the curtain. 

"Woah, what happened bro?" Bobby asked, his soda all over his shirt. 

"I'm going to bed." Max grabbed his crutches, and without another word left the living room.