More Wine Please

She didn't know where she stood with Max. They hadn't spoken in days, and she found it weird he had stopped trying to fix things.

And then that thing with Bradley. What was she thinking?

She didn't know what to do.

Now she was here, with Mikolaj at his party- and everything about it felt off.

"More wine?" he asked her as they sat in the pool, music blasting. People were getting really wasted, pouring liquor straight into people's open mouths.

She nodded, feeling uncomfortable for the first time in her life. He poured her red wine, whistling as he did so.

She knew she loved Max, and she had loved Bradley once upon a time. And something was still there with Brad- the way they had kissed in her apartment brought her back to their freshman year. And now here she was, sitting in the steps of a pool with a cheater.

Yes. Mikolaj had cheated to get in first place at the games. He bribed one of the judges to give them the highest score possible. Which judge? That she didn't know. And now he wanted her help.

"So, will you help me?" he asked her, trailing his finger down her arm. She chugged down the wine, not knowing what to say.

She knew she had issues. She knew that she was attracted to Mikolaj because he was popular and held power. She had always been attracted to strong men.

Bradley never mentioned to her that he cheated when they were together- so obviously she thought he had won the X-Games by pure skill. So their sophomore year when the whole arena had displayed what cheaters the Gammas were- she felt betrayed, and decided to take Max's offer for a date at his party. That's how her and Max had gotten together.

But this X-Games had been different. Bradley hadn't cheated. And he came in second. Max didn't even compete, but she knew that if he did he would have beaten Mikolaj. She knew this.

And the most important thing was that these guys had fallen in love with her. Mikolaj wasn't in love with her. She knew when a guy was interested in her. He wasn't. He just needed her.

What was she supposed to do?

"Wow, slow down. Here." He stated, grabbing her cup and filling it up with more wine. She said nothing, her thoughts all jumbled up.

"Jasmine- I need you to be on board for this. For me, love." He said, pushing her closer to him. She could smell the liquor on his breath. He kissed her cheek and the neck, startling her.

"You want me to dump Max and date Bradley." She whispered, trying to imagine it. Did she want to do this?

"Yes, darling. I need to know what he's dong, how he managed to almost beat me today. I know he's hiding something." Mikolaj said, frowning.

"How will I know if he'd even take me back?" Jasmine asked, getting annoyed. It wasn't as easy as he was making it out to be.

"You guys have history. I know you can do this. And once this is all over you and I can be together, love, isn't that what you want?" He asked. Jasmine closed her eyes, took another large gulp of wine and when she opened it- she gasped.

He was holding up a nice ring, a silver thin ring, with a large stone ruby in the middle.

"I am serious about you Jasmine. But I need to know that you're in it for me. That you won't betray me."

Jasmine didn't know what to say. No one had ever gave her something so lovely, so valuable. Maybe he did love her .

"Okay," she blurted out. "I'll do it."

He smiled, pouring more wine into her cup. "That's what I like to hear, love... that's what I like to hear."

...........................................................................................................................................................

"They got the footage from the store." Sylvia said, as they dined at a lovely French restaurant.

"Oh, really?" Goofy asked, biting into his buttered bread. "Darn, hopefully something is on it that we can use."

"I believe so, but it'll take a few months before we hear anything. They are busy with other cases, and this isn't priority since Max is doing fine." Sylvia said, taking a sip of her white wine.

"I wonder what Maxie is doing." Goofy said.

"He's with his friend's at Roxanne's." Sylvia said, smiling. She had spoken to Max before dinner.

"I like Roxanne. She's such a nice girl. I always thought Maxie was going to end up with her."

"Who knows Goofy? They seem to be hitting it off nicely." Sylvia turned to the waiter who was walking by holding a clear bottle. "May we get some more wine please?"

"I think we should stop by his party." Goofy said, standing up. "I miss spending time with him Sylvia."

"Goofy, sit down, please." She said, trying not to laugh. "We just got here."

"Oh- right." He said. "I could have sworn we were done."

"Maybe we could stop by afterwards? How does that sound?" Sylvia said, knowing all too well that Max would want to spend time with his friends. The less time he spent with Goofy, the better they got along. Max was a teenager after all.