ROLLO

What was she doing? Max thought as he followed Jasmine through the tall wet grass. His heart was pounding hard, his breathing shallow. He was terrified of being caught by these goons.

    He heard Bradley shuffling behind him, but he didn't dare turn around. He had to keep going. Maybe this plan could work after all.

    He stopped when he heard Mocha cry out in pain. He looked up to see that the guy with the long hair had cut Mocha on her palm, blood dripping down her hand.

    "And now we use her blood to cleanse our souls," the guy said, turning to look around at everyone. They began to chant something, which made him catch his breath.

    This was no joke. This was life or death.

    "I, Rollo, shall go first." The guy said, and smeared Mocha's blood all over his face. He turned toward the cheering crowd. "Whose next?"

    He followed Jasmine again, who had advanced so close to Mocha now. He saw the glistening of the silver gun, which she kept steady in one hand. She looked over at him and motioned him to get beside her.

    "What are you going to do?" He whispered as he joined her. He noticed Bradley had stay behind.

    "I have to untie her. They're just going to keep cutting her and I don't know how long Tony can hold back PJ." Jasmine said quickly. "But I'm going to ask you to back me up. Whatever I decide to do, got it?"

    They heard Mocha groan again, having been cut farther up her arm. Rollo, their leader, was standing beside her, watching as everyone went up to her, one by one and began to wipe her blood on their faces.

    Max was startled as Jasmine moved past Mocha and came up directly behind Rollo. He saw her take her gun out, and with a speed he didn't know she had, she grabbed Rollo by his hair, pointing the gun at his temple.

    "Jasmine!" Bradley had stood up now, worried.

    "Listen here, you sick freaks. If you don't want me to blow this dude's head off, I suggest you stay where you are." Jasmine said, her voice echoing. If she was scared, there was no hint of it.

    Max jumped up at that, knowing all too well this was his cue. He ran over to Mocha, who still had one hand tied to the pole, along with her legs.

    "Guys, drop your weapons," Rollo said, smiling. She pulled his hair harder.

    Max was fumbling with the ropes, the rain making it hard to get a good grip. Bradley came up beside him and began to untie Mocha's legs.

    "Don't underestimate me, Rollo." Jasmine said. "I'm not scared to blow your damn head off right now if it means saving my friends."

    "I love a girl with spunk." Max heard Rollo state. "But I could say the same for your two other friends."

    Max turned to look at him. "What the hell are you talking about?" He asked.

    He turned to look at the crowd, who began to push two people forward. Roxanne and Cora were gagged, both their arms tied behind there back. Roxanne's face had gone white, while Cora glared down as she was thrown in front of them.

    "LET THEM GO!" Bradley yelled, his fist clenched. "Jasmine shoot that fu-"

    "AH, if you do that, they get shot too." Rollo said laughing. "I'm really enjoying this."

    Mocha dropped to her knees.

    "Baby, oh my gosh I'm so sorry." PJ said, having ran up to them. Max turned to look around. Tony and Mona were still in hiding. Good.

    PJ grabbed Mocha in his arms protectively.

    For a moment no one moved or said anything. All Max could see was Roxanne's pained expression. They had caught them all along. He shouldn't have left her behind. This was all his fault.

    He heard a gun go off. Rollo had manage to free himself from Jasmine's grasp, and was now holding the gun up to her.

    "I told you I was enjoying this." He said, smirking. "Did you guys really think that I could be taken down so easily?"

    "What do you want?" Bradley asked.

    "I'm not up for negotiating anything," Rollo said. "Why should I? Do you see my people? Do you see my army? What do you have?"

    Max stood his ground. Rollo was right. What did they have? The only weapon they had was now in the hands of the enemy.

    "I'm going to kill you all, except this pretty redhead over here. She has fire." He said, planting a kiss on Jasmine's cheek. She closed her eyes.

    "Leave her alone!" Bradley yelled.

    Rollo laughed.

    Max spotted Tony in the grass behind Jasmine and Rollo.

    "Yeah! Don't touch her!" He yelled, wanting to keep the attention on themselves. If Tony could somehow free Jasmine...

    He heard a loud whack as Tony punched the dude from behind, knocking him flat on his back. Tony grabbed the gun and pointed it at the crowd.

    "Your leader is out cold. I suggest if you guys don't want a bullet in his head right now, release my friends." He yelled, putting a protective arm around Jasmine. He looked over at them. Max nodded and ran towards Roxanne, while Bradley grabbed Cora.

    The crowd hissed, each afraid to move.

    "I'm not scared of no kids," a low voice cut in. It was the gunman from earlier. He was holding a shotgun across his shoulders. "I'll shoot you dead in the face boy if you harm Rollo."

    Max moved out of the way, quickly untying Roxanne. She let out a cough as he took the cloth out of her mouth.

    "We have to get out of here," she said softly.

    "I don't know how," he admitted, defeated.

    "Eugene, Alacastor, grab Rollo's body." The gunman said. Two figures wearing clown masks stepped up, each wearing the same leather coat.

    "Come near me and I'll shoot him." Tony said, holding out his gun.

    "I'll shoot you first," the gunman said, pointing his gun up. "Now say your goodbyes."

    "DROP THE GUNS, NOW!"

    Max sheilded his eyes as he saw a helicopter blaze its strong light down upon them.

    "Fuck it's the Feds!" He heard someone yell. The crowd began to run in different directions, but were blocked by a group of cops who had surrounded the area. Max watched as the Gunman and a few others ran past Jasmine and Tony, who had taken advantage of the distraction and ran off towards them. The gunman looked back at him, locking eyes. He grabbed Rollo and ran off into the woods.

    "Finally," Roxanne said softly, looking up. "They're up there. It took them long enough."

    Max looked up to see Bobby and Stacey waving down at them. He took a deep breath. It was all over now. They were safe.