It's Always Been You

Max was having a good time, he wasn't going to lie. He loved the attention he was getting from Mona. He thrived when he was the center of attention.

They had looked at old photos of himself, baked, had Christmas dinner and even made popcorn together.

But why did he feel even better being alone in his room?

He was glad his dad had told Mona she would be sleeping in the guest room tonight.

His room was dark, except for the candle he had lit by the window. He watched as the snow fell, his yard sparkling under the moon. He sighed. Earlier he had taken a walk by himself. He had felt so frustrated.

He looked down. He was still wearing the scarf that his dad had made for him and Roxanne. Why did everything come back to her? As much as he wanted to forget her, to move on with his life, it was so hard to do.

And he knew she was alone in that house tonight.

He found himself putting on his jacket and wool hat. Was he really going to go over at this hour? What would he say?

He opened his door slowly, not wanting to wake anyone up.

Roxanne sat in front of her fire as she watched everyone open their gifts. PJ and Bobby had joined them that night, having come over after spending time with their family.

"Woah! You didn't have to!" she heard Bobby exclaim as he opened a gift from Jasmine. "I've been wanting this game!"

"You're welcome," Jasmine responded, taking a sip of her drink. She was wearing sliver eyeshadow and a bright red lipstick. Roxanne missed the red hair Jasmine used to have.

"We have something for you too," Bobby responded looking at PJ. They both got up and walked over to a large box that hadn't been there before. When did they bring that over?

"You guys didn't have to," Jasmine said surprised. Her face had gone red.

"Nonsense!" PJ said. "We wanted to apologize for not being the greatest friend to you."

"Yeah, " Bobby said shyly, "We weren't fair to you after the whole breakup thing with Max."

Roxanne bit her lip. She hated hearing Max's names. It always made her stomach turn. What was he doing now?

"Go on, open it," Mocha said to Jasmine. "I hope you like it because we can't really return it."

Jasmine walked over to the box and pulled on the bright green bow. She looked down into the box and screamed.

"ITS A PUPPY!" Jasmine said, going into the box to pick up the little dog. A cute chubby husky puppy was in her arms, wagging her tail at her new owner.

"I can't believe you guys got me a puppy!" Jasmine said, rubbing her face against the cute animal.

"I figured it would help you with the nights," Mocha said.

Jasmine smiled, tears in her eyes. "I love her. I appreciate it so much guys,"

She put the puppy down and went to hug all three of them, planting a kiss on each of their cheeks. Roxanne got up to see the puppy better.

Her eyes were blue, and a cute pink bow sat on her collar. She was adorable.

"Hey, guys someone is at the door," Anthony said, hearing the knock.