Girls Just Wanna Have Fun

It was great to think about something else other than Max Goof. This party was going to be the biggest social thing she had ever done. Stacey had ordered their food to be catered, so they had set up the backyard into a mini buffet style, red and black banners sprawled over all the tables.

She wasn't going to throw a trashy party- no. That had never been her style at all. She was going to show everyone that Roxanne had class. No one was going to walk into her home to trash up the place.

She placed the last cupcake on the edge of the table and admired her work. Everything looked perfect.

"Roxanne! I'm done in the living room."

Bradley came out, his forehead sweaty. The rest of the Gammas followed behind him.

"You have a lot of heavy furniture." Garlden said, a tall red head who was part of Bradley's team.

"Well, we want a dance floor don't we?" Stacey said, pushing her way through the set of guys. "Everything looks wonderful! But we really only have two hours to get dressed and all that."

Roxanne chuckled. Stacey was dressed in her finest blue dress, with tall heels to match. She looked ready to her.

"Calm down, little lady, I think we're all done, right guys?" Bradley exclaimed while the guys whistled at Stacey.

"Oh come off it." Stacey said annoyed, but with a slight smile playing on her lips.

"Thanks, for hosting this party for us." Bradley said to Roxanne. "It's great to have your support. You have no idea how grateful we are."

"No problem," she smiled. "You still have to sing a song with me later on that Karaoke machine of yours."

"It's a deal." Bradley said, grinning. He waved and the guys followed him out of the house. "We'll see you at 7!"

"You're not serious?" PJ asked, waving his hands in the air. "How are we NOT going to throw a party? When the Gammas are having their own party across the street?"

"Yeah Max, what's the deal bro. You just went and cancelled all our plans." Bobby said, arms crossed.

"We are not celebrating a failure-" Max started.

"A failure?? We PLACED man." Bobby said. "Even without you there we placed."

"I SAID NO. THAT'S FINAL." Max yelled, annoyed. "I am not going to walk around as if we have anything to be proud of. In 4 years we came second to Bradley and third to a new team!"

"I'm not staying here for this." Mocha grabbed her leather jacket from the back of her chair. "You guys did the best you could, considering the circumstances. Max of all people you should have been rejoicing. You held the team together. You always scored the best on these try-outs. This time the guys didn't have you to fall back on. And they placed. So cry about it all you want. And personally, I don't think the Gammas cheated. Let it eat your heart out. I've seen them on the slopes. If anything that ex of yours is changing Bradley for the better. And that's why I'm going over to their party. The fancy invitation in your mailbox says we're all invited."

Max's jaw dropped. The room was silent as Mocha's heels tapped on the floor. She gave PJ a kiss and walked out, slamming the door behind her.