Everyone's Confused

Bradley didn't want to admit that he was confused. He understood everything Jasmine had said to him, and he understood why Cora wouldn't want to discuss anything with him.

He looked at her sitting across from him, holding her cup of coffee. Roxanne had just confirmed what he had already suspected.

The Ghouls were after all of them.

Thankfully, they only knew where Max lived, but it would be a matter of time before the Gamma house was attacked. He was infamous on this campus. And now that he had been all over the news, the ghouls were bound to know that detail.

He tried to sit up, but the pain in his chest was brutal.

"Well, we should really be going," Roxanne said, picking up her bag. "I'm glad you're doing better. We'll be back tomorrow. There's a few things we have to go discuss."

Jasmine nodded in agreement. "Yeah, a few things."

"What are you guys talking about?" Bradley asked curious. He stared up at the odd group of girls in front of him. He wouldn't have guessed in a million years that he would end up friends with them. Let alone Jasmine.

"Later," Jasmine said, waving at him. She was the first one out.

Why does she make me feel like this?

Mocha's eyes lingered on his longer than usual. She knew. She was the only one who knew what demons he was battling. He gave her a small wave. He would need to talk to her soon.

Roxanne came up to him next and gave him a hug. "Get better soon, okay?"

He looked up at her, thankful for everything.

"Yes, Brad, get better soon so we can go dancing again." Stacey joked. He smiled at that.

"Of course. Hopefully by New Years, deal?" he said.

Stacey beamed. "It's a promise Bradley Uppercrust the Third."

Once the girls had left, it was just him and Cora again.

"I guess I should get going too." she said softly.

"No," he said, not wanting to end things on a bad note. "We really need to talk."

He could see Cora looking at him through her lashes, her blue eyes reflecting his wounded state. He sighed.

"I talked with Jasmine, and, well, she told me it was your brother who did this to me." he said, forcing his eyes to remain on her. It was hard. But he needed to know what she thought. He needed the truth.

Cora looked away and took a deep breath.

"Is that all she said?"

Bradley nodded.

Cora bit her lip and looked at the ceiling. She stood like that for a bit and then looked at him, her cheeks flaring against her beautiful tan skin.

"He did."

Bradley cursed.

So Jasmine had been telling the truth.

"Were you going to tell me?" he asked, hurt.

She shook her head. "No. No, I wasn't going to say anything, if I'm being honest. I didn't want to believe Jasmine. I just- I just can't stand her. But I know he did, I overheard him this morning."

Bradley didn't know how to respond.

"But I'm so, so sorry." she said. "He could have killed you."