Who, What, When, Where and Why?

Max woke up, Roxanne sleeping next to him on her small bed. He yawned. It was still dark out.

He looked over at the clock. 4am.

Wow, did that really happen last night? He asked himself, not believing it.

He couldn't stay. If anyone saw him they'd ask questions.

He got up slowly, not wanting to wake her up. She looked so peaceful. His heart ached for her as he placed the blanket neatly on top of her.

I can't believe I told her I loved her. Shit what was I thinking?

He walked over to her window and noticed that his light was on in his room.

Maybe PJ got up to look for me what am I going to tell him?

He looked back at Roxanne. This had been the best night he's had at school. The best night he's had since Roxanne walked out of his life.

He knew he couldn't do this to her. He knew she wanted to move on from him and valued his friendship more than anything. He didn't want to ruin that. She had told him she was confused. He wouldn't push her.

Roxanne why do you do this to me? He thought, smiling. He didn't want to mess up the friendship they had started.

He walked over to the desk and took out a notepad from under her drawer.

Call me when you wake up. I didn't want to leave, but I thought it would be best.
He looked down at his note. Perfect. He'd apologize for his behavior tomorrow.

The picture from freshman year looked up at him. She was so beautiful, her smile shy and red, while his face lit up behind her in the stadium. This was bittersweet. She had been there. That was all that mattered.

He reached for the picture.

PS, I love this picture so I'm taking it for myself.

Max

He knew he couldn't leave this here. This picture meant more to him then she could know.

He grabbed his sweater from the floor and quietly placed his shoes on. Hopefully no one was awake this early.

Jasmine woke up, her lipstick smeared. Why hadn't anyone woke her up?

Her back ached as she sat up, feeling tight. She was still at the library.

At least I slept, she thought. It had been a while since she had any decent sleep. No nightmares this time.

She packed up her items, feeling off. How was she going to get home now? She had walked here, but right now she didn't feel like walking back to her apartment.

She sighed. Might as well start the long walk home. Maybe she could call a cab? 

As she walked down the steps to the first floor, she noticed a young man sitting at the desk where Mrs. Fenton would normally sit. 

His  black hair was pulled back into a ponytail, one earring on each ear. He looked up as soon as she stepped onto the floor. 

"Studying late?" he asked her. She noticed he had a long dark scar running on the right side of his chiseled face. He was very handsome. 

"More like I fell asleep," she said. "Mind if I could use your phone? I gotta call a cab."

He smiled. "Of course. My shift is almost done, if you'd like a ride."