New Years Eve

Jasmine wasn't going to cry about him.

But that didn't mean she wasn't angry.

She stormed down the stairs, grabbing her coat on her way out. She placed on her boots, ignored the calls from the guys in the kitchen and walked out.

It was still snowing. She saw Stacey with Zelda at the edge of the yard. She walked over, the snow almost knee deep.

"Hey, what's wrong?" Stacey asked, noticing her approaching. "I thought you wanted to sleep."

"I need to smoke," she said, digging in her pockets. "You want one?"

Stacey shook her head. "No thanks, you sure you're all right?"

Jasmine nodded. She pulled out her lighter.

"I thought you quit?"

She turned to see Max walking toward them, entering the yard.

"Ugh, not you. I don't need a lecture thanks," Jasmine moaned, rolling her eyes. "Can't I smoke in peace?"

"Do you want to go for a walk?" he asked her, catching her by surprise.

"Aren't you here for Roxanne?" Jasmine asked.

"Yeah, but I know you. C'mon, it won't take long." he said, holding out his hand. She hesitated.

"Go on," Stacey said "I'm about to go inside anyways. It's too cold."

Jasmine shrugged. She took a puff of her cigarette, and followed Max out of the yard, refusing his hand.

They walked in silence together, Jasmine feeling a weird tension between them. What was this feeling?

She turned to look at him.

He was so tall, and so handsome. He had his hands in his pocket, his black hoodie over his head. He wore a yellow scarf around his neck, the same one she's seen Roxanne wear.

"So what's bugging you?"

Jasmine exhaled. "You want some?"

Max looked at her sideways. "You know I don't do that,"

"You've done it before," she told him. Max sighed.

"Jasmine," he started, "You're the only other woman I've loved. Not like I love Roxanne, but close."

"Max- I heard everything you said last night to Roxanne. I know I wasn't with you because of my charming personality." she said, frowning. She took another puff.

Max reached for her cigarette and took it, holding it up to his lips. The snow was falling harder around them. He inhaled. Jasmine felt her eyes get large. He had not just stolen her cigarette.

"It wasn't easy talking to Roxanne," He admitted. "But I'm finding it a lot harder to talk to you."

She continued to look at him as he smoked. She hadn't seen him do this in a long time. She placed her hands in her pockets.

"One day I just woke up and knew that being with you was wrong. I had never stopped loving Roxanne. But I did love you. For you. I loved your strong personality. You pushed me to not give a shit about what others thought of me. You dared to be your own person. I just wanted to apologize to you too, for everything." he said. "I want to make amends. Truce?"

She smiled. He was really taking her into account.

"Sure," she said, snatching her cig back. "I want to apologize too. I wasn't completely faithful to you,"