Girl Fight

Jasmine sat in the back of the class, her A+ paper sitting on top of her notebooks. She couldn't say she was surprised. No matter how bad she got, she never let her grades slip. She knew that she was paying for her education. She wasn't stupid as a lot of people believed her to be.

She had learned who Roxanne really was last night. She had offered her a drink, and after a few arguments back and forth, Roxanne took it. And then another.

She learned that Roxanne was still in love with Max, how she had left him at the end of their senior year. Roxanne still wanted Max back, but she wanted him gone at the same time. Jasmine couldn't help but feel sorry for her. She knew how Roxanne felt. Your first love was always the hardest to get over. Unfortunately for Jasmine, she had fallen in love twice. Was it love though? Could she really say she loved them? How do you know you're in love?

"For your next assignment, I will have you paired up and you will both work on this project until the end of the semester. All the information is here in this packet. I will expect a full in class report as well as a paper from each group individually. Now for the pairs," the professor stated, looking down at his paper. He's so handsome, Jasmine thought, looking at the professor. He was tall, in his early thirty's probably. He had short black hair, and piercing black eyes. He reminded her of a Korean drama star. She giggled to herself.

"Is something funny, Ms. Flores?" He asked her, smiling.

"Not really, Dr. Kim." Jasmine said, looking at him from under her lashes. She knew how to make any man swoon, and Dr. Kim was no exception. He turned a slight shade of pink and continued.

"Well, I have you paired up with Tony." He said and Jasmine rolled her eyes. Great, Roxanne's ex.

She looked over at Tony who waved at her from across the room. Ugh, why?

"Next on my list is Mona Cruz, I have you paired with Sabrina Bell." Dr.Kim said pointing at the short haired brunette in the front row. Jasmine remembered seeing her at the library yesterday. She smiled. This was going to be fun.

At the end of class, she packed up her bag and tried to get out before she could lose sight of Mona.

"Hey, Jasmine, do you want to meet later to talk about our project?" Tony asked coming to her desk.

"Ew, no not right now. I got something important to do," she said, waving him away. She pushed some students aside, her hips swaying side to side as she stomped on the ground with her heels.

Mona wasn't hard to catch. No girl in sneakers could outrun her in heels. She was born in heels.

"Can I help you?" Mona asked, noticing her. Jasmine smiled.

"Yeah, you can in fact. I have some questions." She said, hands on her hips.

"Well, you can ask your partner. I'm not him so I can't help you." Mona said, turning to leave. Jasmine outstretched her hand, blocking Mona's path.

"I really don't like sass. That's not for me." Jasmine said, lowering her gaze down to her. "Let me make this quick. What do you want with Max Goof?"

..........................................

Mona could feel her face heat up. How dare this girl get in her face like this!

"What are you talking about?" She asked, trying to play dumb. "I don't have to answer anything to you. Everyone knows Max dumped you because you can't remain faithful."

"Bitch, you're a stalker. A STALKER. I saw the little shit you pulled at the library. Max is my ex, don't think I don't remember you from all our parties. Always showing up, talking to no one." Jasmine said, her red lips spitting poison. How can someone so beautiful be so frightening? Mona couldn't find the words to defend herself. She was caught off guard. She hadn't expected Jasmine to recognize her. "And I know you drugged Roxanne. She told me all about her suspicions."

"If Ma-Max wants to be with me, that's on him." Mona said, and pushed Jasmine, trying to quickly run past her. She felt her backpack tug her back and she was thrown against the wall. Where was everyone? Was no one really going to stop Jasmine?

"If you EVER touch me again, bitch you'll pay. Let this be a warning. Stay away from Max. And damn hell stay away from Roxanne, got it?" Jasmine asked, her green eyes flaring. She was holding Mona by the throat, pinning her to the wall. She got closer to her, their noses touching. "I'm not scared of you Mona. I don't know where you got your little confidence from, but you don't fool me. Next time if I ask you something, don't be so difficult about it."

She let go, Mona gasping for breath. She watched as she walked away, her heels clicking behind her.