Senior Year Sucks So Far

Max walked alone, hands in his favorite sweater.

It was chilly out as the leaves fell in a twirling motion around him. His leg was hurting, but it wasn't something that bothered him like before.

It was almost lunch time, and he figured it was best if he got home. He had left Mona's after having a really great night. He was surprised. They had ordered so much food and watched a bunch of movies she had rented for him. She knew him pretty well.

As he approached the corner that led to his neighborhood, he spotted a cop car parked in front of their house. His heart began to beat quickly. Could something have happened?

He picked up his pace, feeling the sweat begin to build on his forehead.

Roxanne sat in the living room with Sylvia and Goofy. They were waiting for the police report to be finished so that they could sign it and the cop could be on his way.

She turned to look at the mess that was the kitchen. The windows had been broken, glass shattered all over the wooden floor. She sighed. She was so happy that she had been awake to warn the Goof's, because who knows what would have happened.

"Sir, do you suggest us moving?I don't think Max is safe here." Sylvia asked him, hugging her robe tighter around her.

The first thought that came to Roxanne was no. Max couldn't leave. She didn't want him to leave. She knew she was being selfish. Of course he couldn't stay in this house.

At that moment, the door flew open, and Max panted in, holding on to the side of the wall.

"Maxie!" Goofy exclaimed, getting up to meet his son. "I'm so glad you're okay."

"What's going on?" Max asked, looking around at each of them. His face went pale when he saw the kitchen. "What happened?!"

"And you are?" the cop asked, turning to look at Max.

"I'm Max Goof, I live here."Max said, his voice trembling a bit. "Is everyone okay?"

"Yes, yes, sit down," Sylvia said, patting the spot next to her.

Roxanne was surprised when Max went up to her and kneeled in front of her. "Are you okay Roxy? What happened? I should have been here,"

Roxanne didn't know how to react. She looked at Sylvia and Goofy, who were smiling sadly at her.

"Thankfully we're all okay," she managed to say. "Someone tried to break into your house last night."

"More than one person from what Roxanne claimed to see," the cop said. "I'm officer Lance-Stephens, and I'm just writing a report down before heading back to the office."

"What do you mean? Roxanne what did you see?" Max asked, standing up. He began to pace. "It's probably the Ghouls,"

"That's what I thought too," Roxanne whispered.

"She did mention the Ghouls, but could I take any information from you, now that you're here?" Officer Lance-Stephens asked, taking a notepad out.

Max looked down at the officer. Max was only about a few inches taller.

"Well, we were the reason a bunch of them were caught, back in October, and then there was this one time where it had looked like someone had gone through my room, I hadn't reported it because I was trying to brush it off as some prank- but then my friend Bradley get's attacked, and it was someone from the Ghouls. I just wouldn't see why it couldn't be them too." Max said quickly.