Team 99

“I can’t believe we finally got approved to become a frat house!” PJ said, pouring champagne into his cup. “This is amazing! Team99!”

            “Ooooooooooooooooooo, babyyyyyyyyyy, we did it Max-a-milliaaan.” Bobby said, raising his cup high in the air, spilling some of it on the floor. Max laughed, shaking his head.

            “Three years of hard work guys, that’s all it took. We are the official X-games royal house!” he yelled, raising his glass in the air. The other people in the yard, including Max’s girlfriend Jasmine, rose their cups, and cheered them on as they chugged everything down. Bobby threw his cup on the floor, smashing it to pieces.

            “That’s for US!” he said, grabbing another cup. “And that’s for-“

            “No, Bobby don’t break anymore cups.” PJ said, taking it away from him.

            “Should we get this party started?” Max asked the crowd that had gathered in his front porch. They cheered and he opened the door, leading them into the new frat house.

            The house was covered with pictures of the last X-games, Max on his skateboard, Bobby on his blades and PJ on his bike. Yellow and blue decorated the walls, as well as countless trophies from different sporting events. Powerline was blasting off the speakers, his latest single pouring through every room in the house. Max looked around for Jasmine, the short red head girl he had met his freshman year.

            He walked back outside, but through the large crowd that had gathered, he couldn’t see where she was.

            “Congrats Max!”

            “Cheers, mate.”

            “I knew you could do it!”

            He thanked everyone, getting pats and praised as he walked around, looking for his red head.

            “I could have sworn she was just here.” He said to himself, looking across the street. A glimpse of red caught his eye, someone getting in a car, a girl maybe?

            “Max!”

            He turned around and Jasmine was heading towards him, a beer in her hand. He smiled and reached for it.

            “You know you’re not supposed to drink.” He said, handing the beer to some guy standing behind him. She pouted.

            “We’re celebrating aren’t we?” she said, crossing her arms. He kissed her forehead.

            “Yes, but that doesn’t mean we are going to drink. One glass of champagne is enough.”

            She rolled her eyes. “You’re such a health crazed nut.”

            “C’mon, let’s go inside. And yes, I have to be. I’m the X-games King, remember?” he said, putting his arms around her shoulder.

            PJ was in the living room with Mocha, his girlfriend since freshman year. She was dancing with him, everyone watching. People whistled and clapped as PJ picked her up and spun her, carefully coming to a stop. Bobby was leaning against the wall, a beer in his hand.

            “Why does Bobby get to drink? I’m not even an athlete.” Jasmine said, pointing at Bobby. Max sighed.

            “Go get one, then. Come find me, I’ll be right here.”