Captured

Roxanne felt nervous. She knew that eventually they would have to tell her friends, but how would they feel about Max then?

They were eating at their table, Max and Bradley talking about the upcoming Games while Jasmine sat at one end, barely eating.

Roxanne had loved the way her hair looked, which she now wore in a high ponytail. Jasmine had said it was only temporary, while she worked on some shoots. She looked beautiful.

She could feel Stacey's eyes on her, but she avoided looking back at her. Stacey was one person that could read her like a book. Stace would be the first person she told. She had to speak to someone about this. She needed someone else's opinion. She wanted to give Max a chance, but was it best for her?

She had hoped that Mona was lying, but why would anyone lie about being pregnant?

After dinner, she excused herself, not in the mood to be around anyone. Bradley left as well, with Max lingering, clearly afraid to leave her alone.

"Could I stay here with you?" he asked her. She nodded, knowing that he was also feeling lost and confused.

She sat on the edge of her bed as Max sat at her desk, looking out the window. He looked so defeated.

"You know I love you," he said, his eyes staring at the snow that was collecting on the edge of her window. "Everyday since you left I have thought about you. I wanted to become someone great, thinking that we would cross paths again."

Roxanne sighed, her heart feeling heavy.

"I don't know what to do," she admitted. "I feel like I've been hit with a rock, and this big rock is just sitting on my chest."

She saw Max come towards her and kneel in front of her.

"I'm being selfish, aren't I?" he said, grabbing her hands. "I'm asking too much of you,"

She looked down at him, afraid of what he was going to say next.

"I can't do this to you, Roxy," he said, tears forming in his eye. He blinked them away. "I love you, but this isn't fair to you. You deserve the world, and I can't give that to you,"

"What are you saying?" she asked, feeling her hands begin to shake. Isn't this what she wanted though?

"Maybe we shouldn't be together," he said, kissing her hands.

"I don't know what I want!" she said quickly, heart racing. "I'm scared, but I don't want us to give up."

Max looked at her eyes wide.

"We finally have a chance to fix our past, and it just feels like something is trying to keep us apart so bad," Roxanne said, tears streaming down her cheek. "I don't know what I want."

"I know this is a huge bump in the road for us, but when I'm with you, I'm not so afraid," Roxanne admitted. He wrapped his arms around her waist and laid his head on her lap.

"I don't deserve you," he said, squeezing her. "I really don't,"

Roxanne kissed the top of his head, knowing that their fate had always been intertwined with each other. Why hadn't they been able to move on with different people? Was it because they were destined to be together?

"I think Stacey knows something is up," Roxanne admitted.

"I don't want to tell anyone until I've told my folks," Max said, sighing.

Jasmine took off her extensions, feeling relief as she did so.