We're Dead

“I don’t know what to do Sylvia.” Goofy said, rubbing his temples. “I’m scared of leaving Maxie alone.”

            Sylvia turned to quickly look at him, noticing his hunched expression and gloomy posture. They came to a red light, and as she stopped the car, she took a hold of his hand, their moon rings glowing slightly under the cloudy sky.

            “We can stay, Goofy.” She said to him. He looked up at her, his eyes big.

            “Nah, I can’t do that to you, Sylvia. Plus Max won’t be happy if I do. We never could get along stuck under one roof for so long, you know.”

            The light turned green and Sylvia drove off slowly, making a sharp turn onto their street.

            “I believe that accident was no accident.” She said, as they pulled up to Max’s house. “We don’t have to stay with Max, but we could stay at the apartments just off campus- the ones I used to live in before I married you.”

            Goofy kissed her cheek, and she blushed, still feeling as much in love with him as she had since they first dated.

            “Well, it’s settled then.” Goofy said, trying to unbuckle his seatbelt, to no avail. “Darn thing- eh- well-“

            “Here,” Sylvia said, releasing the seatbelt from it’s lock. Goofy flew forward, hitting the dashboard. Sylvia shook her head, used to his silly antics.

            “Gee, thanks Sylvia.” Goofy said nervously. He jumped out of the car and almost ran into Bobby.

            “Woah- Mr. G, be careful” Bobby said.

            “Bobby, I thought you would be sleeping.” Sylvia said

            “Nah- I tried. But I decided to have another cup of a coffee, and two cups turned to three- turned to four- and seven..”

            Sylvia shook her head and pushed the boy back towards the house.

            “Do you think we should move our things now?” Goofy asked as they walked up the front steps.

            “Huh?” Bobby asked “You guys are leaving already?”

            “No, Bobby, we aren’t” Sylvia responded, opening the door. Remains from the previous party were still present, plastic bottles everywhere, confetti and pizza boxes all sat on top of a great pile by the door.

            “We will be staying here for some time, at the apartments Sylvia used to live in.” Goofy said, smiling.

            “Wait- wait- no.” Bobby said, his arms outstretched. “No, no , no. Sorry Mr. Goof, but you can’t do that.”

            “He can’t do what?” PJ walked out of the kitchen, a sandwich in his hand. Bobby ran up to him and grabbed him by the front of his shirt.

            “Tell him he can’t live on campus!” Bobby exclaimed, nose to nose with PJ.

            “Guys enough of this, we’re here to grab our things.” Sylvia said, walking past them.

            “Sorry to burst your bubble guys, but Maxie needs me.” Goofy said, patting Bobby on the back.

            “We are so dead, dude. Max is going to kill us.” PJ said.

            “He’s going to kill you. I tried to stop them.” Bobby said, taking PJ’s sandwich and walking off, shaking his head.