Tragedy on Campus

Max couldn't think about anything else as he walked back to his dorm after dropping Roxanne off. Had all this really happened? He had had DREAMS of this moment, but never would he think that he would have been blessed with the chance to know her body as a man.

Yeah he had slept with Jasmine and Mona, but this was different. Jasmine had been pure fire, a passion that he knew in his heart was meant for someone else. He had loved Jasmine but had never been in love with her. He couldn't even describe what he felt with Mona because it was purely physical. It didn't make him giddy with laughter or gave him butterflies in his stomach. It was a pastime and nothing more, something to help him forget the anguish he felt at having to watch Roxanne all day and not being able to be with her.

But that wasn't the case anymore.

He smiled as he unlocked the door to his room. He found PJ and Bobby slumped over his desk, watching something on his computer.

"Hey, is everything all right?" He asked as he joined them.

"The news is covering all the murders that have happened this year at school," Bobby said, his glasses on the tip of his nose.

"Three so far," PJ said softly, his face pale. "They just found the librarians body in the lake by the humanities building,"

"What?" Max said as the image of a body in a body bag was being loaded up on to the back of an ambulance. "Is this live?"

"Yeah man, and from the looks of it they're saying the librarian has been dead for months." Bobby said, eyes still fixed on the screen.

"They're going to shut down classes for some time, until an investigation could be done and the buildings inspected for any clues," PJ informed him. Clearly they had been watching this broadcast for some time now.

"What does that mean for us?" Max asked him.

"I guess we could go back home," Bobby said. "It's probably safer there."

"I know a bunch of students are probably already packing to leave. I don't blame them. I'm sure my dad's going to call once he hears the news and force me to go back home."

Max didn't know what to say. His senior year was not supposed to be like this. They were supposed to be having fun, studying and preparing for the largest X-games of their undergraduate career. He threw himself on his bed with a huge sigh.

"The police have had time to investigate all this and they've refused to listen to us about who is responsible," Max said, annoyed. "I think we should hit up the asylum tonight, grab some evidence and get this moving."

"Max, this is another person who's been murdered. That could easily be us if we decide to tackle this on our own," PJ said nervously.

"But we won't be alone. I'm going to give Brad a call, this can't wait anymore," Max said, reaching for his phone.

Roxanne stepped out of the shower, her legs still shaky from earlier. She couldn't help but blush every time she thought about it. It was wonderful. She couldn't explain it but she felt whole, secured, and most of all, loved. She had imagined what being in Max's arms might feel like countless times, especially when she slept with her exes. But this had been different.

She was about to head out of the shower, which was located in the hallway when she heard Jasmine's voice.

"You can't be serious," Jasmine said, clearly agitated. "I heard your conversation with Max."