The Secret is Out

Jasmine looked at herself in the mirror, surprised at her image.

She had long red locks falling down her shoulders, framing her heart shaped face in a way she had never seen.

She had to admit, in this light she looked a lot like Roxanne, except for the large green eyes. Those were hers.

She couldn't believe that the first photo shoot they were doing was for Uppercrust Winery. How funny fate worked.

She had become really popular after her appearance at New Years. Everyone wanted her to advertise their merchandise. Everyone wanted her in their magazines. She didn't know what to do with all the products that were being gifted to her.

She was wearing a long gala burgundy dress, with laced gloves that ran up her arm. The dress sparkled so much that jewelry wasn't needed. She only had a pair of gold hoops on each ear, and that was it.

She looked down at the watch she had taken off earlier. It was the watch Bradley had given her when they began dating. She had found it while cleaning out her closet. Something about the watch brought her comfort, so she decided to wear it. It was hers afterall. She remembered when she had put it away, tears running down her face at the realization that Bradley wasn't hers anymore.

That had been when she had slept with Max.

She woke up, the bed cold. She turned and was surprised to find Max gone.

Where had he gone?

She got up, walking toward the window. It was cold out, the sun barely coming over the horizon. Maybe he was in the bathroom?

She looked around, and found her apartment empty.

She sighed. Of course.

She went back into her room, upset that he had left her. Was this wrong?

She looked down at her wrist where her watch read five in the morning. She felt a pang in her chest, remembering who the watch was from. She touched the engraved charm and felt a sob escape her throat.

She liked Max very much, but something was missing. She missed Bradley. Max wasn't Brad. Not even close.

But Bradley had changed, and with it the way he treated her. He had become consumed with Max. It was hard to watch. And now it was worse.

Rumors had spread that he was drinking everyday and even Tanks had left the Gammas because of Bradley's change.

She unclasped the watch, knowing she had to move on. This was just a reminder of what was, and it hurt.

She set it inside her drawer, next to her cigarettes.

She took one out and decided she was going to go out for a walk. God knew she needed to clear her mind.

"Ready?" Tony asked, sticking his head into her dressing room.

"Yeah," she said, forcing a smile. She turned to look at him.

"Wow, you look different," he said, his face turning red.

"Oh stop, I know what you're thinking," she said playfully. "I look like Roxanne,"

Tony grinned. "You look beautiful,"

Jasmine smiled. He took her hand and led her out to the vineyard, where the cold air was making Jasmine shiver.

"Don't you guys look like a million bucks!" Mr. Uppercrust said, walking up towards them. Jasmine smiled, aware of the resemblance he had with Bradley.