Megalos

Bradley heard a knock on his door. He turned over and looked at his clock, which read 3:38am. He groaned, annoyed. Who could be calling for him at this hour?

            “Sorry, boss. There’s someone at the door that wants to see you.” Jonny said, as Bradley looked down at him.

            “Who in the world would come looking for me at this time?” he said, making his way down the hall. The rest of the Gammas were still asleep, unaware that anything was going on. He was ready to yell at whoever had dared bother to wake him up at this time of night.

            Jonny opened the door and in stepped a short redhead, her face red. She was wearing jeans and a cropped top, revealing her firm stomach underneath.

            “Jasmine?” he said puzzled. She smiled weakly at him.

            “I’m sorry to bother you, I know you don’t like to be bothered at this time of night.” She said. “I just don’t know who to turn to. My friends don’t pick up, and I don’t blame them. They should be sleeping right now.”

            “And I wasn’t?” he asked, annoyed. He felt his heart thump against his chest, reminding him of his feelings for her. “What do you want?”           

            “I know you’ve been seeing that new girl- and I just wanted to know what you think of her… “ she said, as if she expected him to say anything to her. “Max and I got into a fight and-“

            “What makes you think I want to deal with you right now? I don’t owe you any favors, nor am I your friend for you to ask anything of me. Now get out and don’t bother me again.” He stated, hating how bad he felt for kicking her out. Some part of him, in fact, wanted to help her out. But she had hurt him a great deal and for that he wasn’t forgiving. She didn’t take mercy on him so why should he bother?

            “But Brad,” she pleaded, going up to him, her green eyes piercing at him through the darkness. He hesitated for a moment and then snapped his fingers, alerting Jonny.

            “Get her out of my sight. And next time don’t let her in the house.” He said, frowning. He was caught off guard when she threw herself at him, her hands wrapping around his torso.

            “Brad, please. I need someone right now.” She begged. He looked over at Jonny who was confused as to what to do next. Bradley wanted to push her off, yell at her for touching him, but he didn’t. He took a deep breath and grabbed her wrists, pushing her off gently. She looked up at him, tears in her eyes.

            “I don’t want to lose Max! I need to know if she’s planning something to get him back!” Jasmine yelled. If she were a dude, he would have slapped her.

            “Look at you. You look so pathetic. I’m done. Get out of my house.” He said, turning to leave. He closed his eyes as he went up the stairs, the scene replaying in his head.

            “Brad, we need to talk.”

            He looked at her, frowning, pissed at her. He struggled to move to his side, the hospital bed making it difficult for him to get comfortable. He had been there for a month now, and this was the first time she came to see him.

            She took a seat near his bed, crossing her newly tanned legs. He noticed she had dark red lipstick on and a new necklace that he had never seen her wear before.

            “Why haven’t you come to see me?” he asked, folding his arm under his pillow. The doctor had said he had broken his collarbone and torn his leg muscle after the incident with the X-Games. Tank hand thrown him into a blimp, which, thankfully, had landed on a wheat field nearby. It was best for him to stay in the hospital until he had fully recovered. Another part of him didn’t want to leave and face the crowd that waited for him outside.