Sabotage

Bradley walked down toward his street, having taken the long way home. He had been doing a lot of thinking, and honestly he didn’t know if he still wanted revenge on Max.

            Things had changed since the school year started. He had made real friends. People who actually gave a damn about him.

            There was Roxanne. Sweet Roxanne who knew nothing of his tormented nature. She had bothered to continue to talk to him, wanting to be his friend.

            And then there was Cora. He didn’t know if they could call themselves friends, but he felt something else with her. He couldn’t quite put his finger on it.

            He walked up his front steps, hearing the rest of the Gammas blaring their music. He groaned, not wanting to do anything but lie down and rest.

            “Hey, Brad!”

            He closed his eyes annoyed, recognizing the voice.

            “What could you possibly want now?” he asked, not bothering to turn around.

            “We need to talk.”

            He smirked, amused.

            “What makes you think I have anything to talk to you, about, Jasmine?” he asked, looking over his shoulder.

            She grabbed his hand and squeezed it, like she used to when they dated.

            “We need to talk. Please.” She begged, wrapping her arms around his. She made her way in front of him, her green eyes pleading. He felt his body react to her touch.

            “Wh-what do you want?” he asked, trying to remain focus.

            “Let’s go somewhere private.” She whispered. Her finger trailed down his cheek, and he blinked rapidly, wanting to stay in control.

            Don’t let her win, Bradley. You’re over her… aren’t you? He thought as he nodded.

            “Fine. Where would you like to go talk?”

            “My place.” She said with a smile. Reluctantly, he followed.

            Roxanne sat in the car, fumbling with her keys. She was nervous, more so because Max had seen her.

            Tony noticed and grabbed her hand, his thumb running on the back of her palm. She dropped her keys in shock, feeling her face burn.

            “I hope I’m not over stepping my boundaries,” he said as they came to a red light. She looked up at him, his handsome face looking like something out of a magazine. Why was he single?

            “You’re not.” She said, sighing. He heart was pounding nervously, and it scared her. He wasn’t him. The guy from France. And he wasn’t Max either.

            He wasn’t Max.

            “Where are we going?” she asked, wanting to change her thought patterns. “I’m actually starving.”

            “GOOD! Because we’re going to a nice Salvadorian restaurant, just outside campus.” He said, smiling.

            “Wow, okay. I’m looking forward to it.” She responded smiling back. Once the car began to move she looked out the window, her hand still in his.