Hidden Feelings

Bradley had no idea what was going on with his head. It was hurting, and it was nothing compared to the sour feeling at the edge of stomach. He lead the way, going in the opposite side of the original way he had came in.

Tony and Jasmine were right behind him, holding hands, PJ on their tail.

There has to be another way out through the back, he thought, running into a dark corridor on the third floor. He looked out through the window, wanting to see exactly where he was.

"It's too high to jump if that's what you're thinking,"

He turned, locking eyes with evil Brad. His blue eyes were scheming. He ignored him and continued on, knowing all too well Bradley wasn't here to help.

"There has to be more windows on the bottom level," he heard PJ say. "We can climb out one of those."

Bradley nodded, his throat having gone dry. He looked up at Jasmine, her green eyes glistening with tears unshed. Her neck was beginning to show signs of bruising, her chest and belly exposed, her torn shirt dangling behind her like a cape.

"Stop being so pathetic Bradley,"  Evil Brad said, walking next to him. "Admit it, you're still in love with her."

Bradley let out a low hiss, feeling his anger rise.

"I'm you, you idiot. I know everything about you. Everything you're scared to admit. Cora? Yeah, you like her. But she hasn't been able to replace Jasmine has she?"

Bradley continued to look straight ahead, following the dark path in front of him. He felt like throwing up.

"It took her being in danger for you to realize it." evil Brad said. "And now you're just going to let another dude take her like you did the first time."

They heard a yell from one of the floor above. It was the gunman.

"Crap- he knows we're here." Jasmine said.

"C'mon, we're going to have to jump from here. It's the second floor. It shouldn't be too bad." he said, running towards the window.

"We can try to make it to the first floor-" PJ offered, his face sweating.

"No," Tony interrupted, "What if there's more of them waiting down there for us? We gotta do it now."

Bradley opened the window. It wasn't so bad, but it was still a high. The rain was still dropping hard, the sky dark.

"I'll go first." he said, hoping evil Brad would disappear when he jumped. "Have Jasmine come after."

Tony nodded. Bradley took a deep breath, and jumped out. He remembered to land with his knees bent, a slight shocking rising up his thigh. His heart was beating fast as he quickly scanned his surroundings. It was clear.

He looked up to see Jasmine climbing out, her short hair blowing in all directions. She looked down at him, and jumped. He caught her, both falling down to the ground. He looked at her, her face wet with tears. She smiled.

"Thanks," she said softly. "For coming when you did."

He didn't know what to say. His heart was racing. His fingers burned where he held her.

"Did you see me knock out that one dude with the chair?" she said, her face turning red. "I can hold my own."

Tony landed right next to them, PJ next.