Dinner Party

“You can’t be serious?” Stacey asked her, as Roxanne helped Stacey curl her hair. “Bradley Uppercrust the Third?”

            “Yep,” she responded, holding a pin between her teeth.

            “And he wants to throw a party with us?” she asked, clapping her hands together. “Oh this should be fun! Finally some interaction with the rest of the student body.”

            Roxanne took the pin and placed it neatly on Stacey’s side. They were going out to dinner at the Gamma house, and Bradley had insisted on bringing Stacey. “There, all done.”

            Stacey stood up and examined herself in the round bathroom mirror. She smiled, bouncing her curls with her left hand. “I love it!”

            “I saw Max today too. He’s in my Cell Bio class.” Roxanne said softly, putting the curling iron away. “He’s looking better.”

            “Oh my gosh, did you talk to him?”

            Roxanne nodded, reaching for the mascara tube on top of the sink. “It wasn’t long. I just asked how he was.”

            Stacey began to dab blusher on her cheeks, giving her face an extra pop of pink. “Well, with that crazy girlfriend of his, there’s not much you can do.”

            “Not that I wish to do anything.” Roxanne reminded her, feeling a sharp jolt in her chest. Did she really not want to be with Max? She brushed on her mascara, seeing her eyelashes extend.

            “Well, I will admit, I do want to talk to Robert. I miss him.” Stacey said with a heavy sigh. Roxanne giggled.

            Bradley’s car pulled up to the front of their house, his mouth hanging open as he realized what house they were at.

            “She lives in front of team 99’s frat?” his teammate Donavan asked, who was sitting in the back seat.

            “Obviously. This is going to be interesting. We’re going to throw a party right in front of their noses. Oh this is going to be good.” Bradley exclaimed, honking his horn.

            “Yo, dude, isn’t that Bradley’s car?” Bobby asked, peeking through the blinds. Max rolled over to the window, shutting the lights off.

            “Yeah, it is.” He said, confused. “Why would he be outside?”

            “Do you think he’s coming to our house?” Bobby’s glasses slid off his face. He quickly grabbed them, setting them back on.

            “Who knows, it’s so dark it’s hard to see anything.” Max said, squinting his eyes. “But I think they’re picking somebody up. They aren’t on our side of the street.”

            “I wonder who- wait, I think I see two people walking towards the car- I can’t make them out.” Bobby said, pointing. “See, right there!”

            Max tried to focus his attention but all he could see were two dark figures getting into the car. Then they were off. Max sighed.

            “That’s strange, dude.” Bobby said, still looking outside. Max turned on the lamp, lighting the living room again. PJ was out; having dinner at Mocha’s, and Bobby had decided to stay with Max for the evening, knowing that Max wouldn’t be too happy spending it alone with Jasmine.