Halloween Night Part 2

"I never thought I'd see you be self-less." Bradley said, spinning her. Jasmine shrugged.
"I'm full of surprises Brad," she responded, feeling her face flush as he tighten his hands around her waist.
"Don't get the wrong idea, now." Bradley said, his words soft against her ear. "I'm enjoying our dance, but that's all it is... a dance."
Jasmine held her breath. What was going on with her? Why was this guy making her feel this way?

Jasmine could see Brad dancing and hold Cora the same way. She smiled. So Cora was Bradley's new fancy.
"Tired already?" Roxanne asked her, distracting her.
"There's no one to dance with. Everyone's all paired up. It's gross." She responded.
"C'mon, I don't have anyone. Dance with me," Roxanne offered, extending her hand.
"Sure, honey, just be sure to keep up." Jasmine said, happy for the invitation.
"So, I talked to Max earlier." Jasmine said, as she put her arms around Roxanne's neck. "Haha people must think we're a couple."
"Let them think whatever they want," Roxanne said, smiling. "You've done so much for me, and you don't owe me anything."
"Yeah, who thought we would've ended up- what's the word I'm looking for?"
"Friends?" Roxanne finished.
"Is that what it is? I wouldn't know. I never had one." Jasmine said. "I've had acquaintances."
Roxanne laughed and they continued to dance. She spotted Max looking at her direction, sitting at a table with Mona.
"So what did you talk to Max about?" Roxanne asked, the jealousy building up inside of her.
"I told him to stay away from Mona, but I guess he couldn't. The little bitch interrupted our conversation, so I left."
Roxanne sighed. What was she expecting to get out of tonight? Her arms around Max? Walking out into the moonlight?
"I told him you guys belong together." Jasmine said softly. "I know him as a man, Roxanne. I have never seen Max the way he is around you. Never."
Roxanne tried to ignore the fact that Jasmine has had Max in the way she had never. It made her sick to her stomach.
"Max has always been in control, he never faltered. But this semester he's been a screw up." Jasmine said, noticing Roxanne's pale face.
"I don't know why it's so hard to rid myself of him." Roxanne said softly, feeling her tears building up behind her eyes. She closed them.
"Now, honey, we don't want your mascara to run, so fight back those tears. Be a bitch. Don't show weakness. Whatever you do." Jasmine said, hugging her. "If I gave into my emotions, no one would respect me."
Roxanne laughed. "You're scary just by the way you are."
"It's a gift." Jasmine said.

Max was surprised to see the two girls dancing together as if they were lovers. He admired both of them, being able to be friends, despite both having had loved him once. He felt uneasy being with Mona, only because he was tired of hiding his true feelings.
Mona looked radiant, he couldn't deny that. She had distracted him all month, which made it easy to not think of Roxanne.
But when Roxanne was in front of him, it was like no one else existed. She was his muse, his reason for breathing. He knew he sounded stupid. Roxanne and him could never be. She didn't want him. So what was the point?
But Mona here, did. And she was right. She deserved a chance.
"Yo, what are y'all doing just sitting here?" Bobby asked as they took a seat around them. Stacey was clinging to Bobby, her face red from dancing. PJ and Mocha were flustered too.
"Just taking a break." Max said, not wanting to go into details.
"Well, guess what we have just learned?" Bobby asked. "The exact location of Moonstone Asylum!"
Max frowned. "Moonstone? Didn't we try looking for it back our sophomore year?"
"Yeah, but we were looking in the wrong direction! Tony over here said he's been to it." PJ said excitedly as Tony appeared from behind him, dressed in a vampire costume.
"Hey, Tony." Max said uncomfortably. Their last encounter hadn't been pleasant. Tony nodded.
"Is that even a real place?" Mona asked, breaking the awkward silence that had settled.
"It is. I've been to it." Tony said, looking at the girl who had been disruptive in the hallway only a few days ago. "It's a walk to get there, but I heard these guys want to go. I'm down if you are."
Max looked at his friends who were all nodding in approval.
"Is it dangerous?" He asked, not wanting to admit that it creeped him out.
"I went during the day, but everything seemed all right. I can't promise anything at night though. We'd have to be discreet though, the government patrols the area from time to time." Tony said.
"What are you losers talking about?" Bradley asked, walking over to them.
"We're going to an asylum. Want to come?" Bobby asked quickly.
"And leave the party? NO way." Bradley said, one arm around Cora.
"It's abandoned." Mocha said to him. "There could be spirits, witches, anything tonight. It's the day where the dead are allowed back in the mortal world. Don't tell me you're scared."
Bradley looked at Mocha's pale face. She didn't look scared, but something about her eyes told him that she wasn't asking him if he wanted to come, she was demanding that he did.
"I guess I'm down." Bradley said. "What about you?"
Cora looked up at him. "I'm in! This sounds better than being at a party any day."
"Down for what?" Jasmine asked, sticking her head around Bradley's shoulder. She was holding Roxanne's hand.
Max looked at Mona who crossed her arms.
"I'm not going if they are." She whispered to him.
"I can't do anything about that. But I promise I won't leave you alone. We can't be the only ones not going." Max whispered back. He took her hand and squeezed it, wanting to reassure her.
More than anything he just wanted to be with his friends, and with Roxanne. But he wasn't going to admit that.
Mona sighed, but agreed.
"I guess we're all going then." Max said.