Jasmine 2.0

Max woke up on the sofa, his eyesight blurry. He hadn't made it all the way to his room. The phone rang, and he fumbled for it, the sunlight making it hard to open his eyes all the way.

"Hello?" He answered, his voice raspy. He cleared his throat out.

"Max?" It was Roxanne. He quickly sat up, his heart racing.

"Oh, hi Roxy! Sorry I just woke up, and sorry to leave so suddenly-"

"Max, Bradley's in the hospital. I'm here now with Jasmine and Stacey. I just thought you'd like to know. Someone beat him up real bad, we don't know who it could have been, but he's stable now." She said.

"Oh, shit. Okay, I'm on my way there. Need anything? Breakfast?" He asked her. Who could have done such a thing to Brad?

"No, thanks Max. I'll see you when you get here. Bye." She said softly. He hung up. His heart was still racing. She was doing it to him again. He felt like a teenager.

He ran up the stairs, knocking on the guy's doors. Bobby opened it, wearing nothing but his boxers. PJ was already up, typing away on his computer.

"What's up dude?" He asked, turning to look at him.

"Brad's in the hospital. I'm going to go see him if you guys want to come with." Max said, "But first I gotta shower."

"Dang man, is he okay?" Bobby asked, yawning. "I'll go."

"Same." PJ responded.

"I have no idea,  I hope so. Roxanne said he was stable." Max said. "Hey guys, I'm sorry for not being home last night and not telling you. I was with Roxanne."

PJ and Bobby turned to look at each other, face pale.

"What do you mean you weren't here?  You mean all night?" PJ asked, standing up from his desk.

"Yeah, I got in around 4 in the morning. But I stayed on the sofa." Max said confused.

"No, dude you don't understand." Bobby said. "We thought you were in your room. You were making so much ruckus we thought you had gone crazy."

Max understood what they were saying. He ran to his room and found his door unlocked, and lights still on.

His bed had been turned over, blankets and pillows on the floor. His desk had been rummaged, papers everywhere.

"Who could have done this?" He asked angrily.

"Woah, how did they get in is my question," Bobby said, walking over to the window.

"They broke my computer." Max said, seeing the crack on the screen. "What could they have been looking for?"

Max sighed, taking a seat on the bed. He ran his fingers through his hair, scared to start thinking of ideas. He didn't have enemies, that he knew of. Bradley had become kind of a friend in the past months, and besides, he was lying in the hospital. It couldn't have been Brad.

The Migalos were foreign, and knew nothing of him besides that he was the X-Games king. What could they have wanted with him?

And there was the Ghouls. The ones that weren't arrested.

He couldn't scare the guys. Not now.

"I'll call my dad, and report this to the police. We'll be fine. I'm going to go take a shower. Be ready in fifteen, okay?" He said, trying to sound confident.

Bobby and PJ just nodded. They knew he was afraid.

Jasmine walked up the steps to the Migalos house. She had changed, done her make up and decided to wear the highest heels in her closet. She had her short hair combed back, with her winged liner so long it made her face look mean. That's what she wanted.