One Lie and a Truth

Jasmine finished taking notes, looking down at her time. She had spent almost two hours reading for class and she was exhausted.

She looked outside, noticing that it had gotten dark quickly. Good thing she had already eaten. She stretched, feeling all the aches that had settled down on her body.

She placed her coat on and walked down the steps, hoping Roxanne was still in the library. She didn't want to talk in front of Max.

She found her sitting in a corner, typing away at the computer. She had her long red hair tied up in a high ponytail. The dark green sweater she was wearing almost matched the one she wore. Green was definitely their color.

"Hey," Roxanne said, looking up at her. She took off the glasses she was wearing. "Heading home?"

"No," Jasmine said, pulling out a chair from next to her. " I wanted to talk to you real quick."

Roxanne raised an eyebrow. "Everything okay?"

"I think, yeah,"Jasmine said, not knowing how to start. "I never told you about New Years,"

"I was waiting for this," Roxanne said, turning her body to face Jasmine. "Spill."

"I started talking to Mikolaj, and I'm afraid of where this is going." she admitted. "He only wanted to apologize for everything, and so far he hasn't shown me that he didn't mean it."

"Can you trust him?" Roxanne asked her. "You remember what he did to Bradley,"

She nodded. How could she forget?

"It's not like we're dating or anything. We are just... friends." she said slowly. She saw Roxanne take a deep breath in.

"What about Brad?"

"Have you heard from him?" Jasmine asked her, curious.

"Yeah," Roxanne said. "He didn't mention anything. Not about you, not about New Years."

Jasmine couldn't help but feel upset at that. She looked away, knowing that Roxanne would be able to tell from her facial expressions that this wasn't what she had wanted to hear.

What had she wanted to hear? Did she want Bradley to say he wanted her as much as she wanted him?

"He's officially dating Cora," Roxanne said quickly.

Jasmine felt her mouth go tight. "What do you mean officially?"

She saw Roxanne shrink in front of her. This was making her uncomfortable.

"He said.. He said she was his girl," Roxanne said.

Jasmine sighed. "That could mean a lot of things,"

Her hands began to tremble. She placed them inside her coat.

"I'm really sorry, I know how much you care for him," Roxanne said, placing a comforting hand on her shoulder. Jasmine turned to look at her.

"You're mistaken," she heard herself say. "I don't care about him,"

She saw Roxanne's confused expression.

"Jasmine, it's okay to be upset." Roxanne said firmly. "I'm here for you,"

"No," Jasmine said loudly. She tried to make her facial muscles move into a smile, but it was as if they were permanently frozen. "I don't want anything to do with Bradley."

She stood. "I'll be home later, I have a meeting with my agent tonight."

Roxanne stood up with her. "Please, don't hide yourself,"