there will be good days

"Jakes?" Troye called out as he pushed through the front door of their house.

He took a few steps inside and took note of how still and quiet the house was. It was then that he dropped his shoulders, looked down and sighed recognizing that Jacob must have forgotten that he was coming home. His eyes began to water a bit as he thought about how Jacob broke his promise.

Before he had another second to formulate a thought, however, he felt two arms wrap around his waist and a kiss being planted on his cheek. Quickly he turned in the embrace and smiled up at Jacob, "I thought you weren't here."

"I was upstairs changing our bedset to your fave one, nice and warm as it just came out of the dryer too," Jacob said smiling down at Troye.

"That fucking sounds like heaven," Troye replied, the feeling of butterflies fluttered around his stomach.

"Well then, let's go," Jacob said, took Troye by the hand and led him up the stairs.

It was then that Troye noticed Jacob was wearing nothing but a pair of sweat pants, sitting low on his hips. It brought a sly smile to his face. As they walked down the hall to their room, Troye heard the sound of running water.

"Where's that coming from?" Troye asked.

"The water?"

"Ya."

"The bath, obviously. Figured you'd appreciate a nice warm bath before climbing into bed," Jacob replied.

"That does sound incredible," Troye smiled softly, "will you be joining me."

"Nope."

"No?" Troye replied taken aback.

Jacob nodded and pushed open the bathroom door. Troye immediately noticed the tub was filled with milky looking water with flower petals sprinkled on top.

"Jesus," Troye breathed out.

"Look alright?" Jacob asked.

"Of course, smells amazing too, but like I so don't deserve all this."

"You do. Now get undressed, get in and relax, I'll be back in a bit with a warm fuzzy robe," with that Jacob stepped out of the bathroom.

Troye looked around noticing the lit candles sprawled around the bathroom and bit his lip. He then dragged his shirt off, followed by his pants, and once he was naked, he stepped slowly into the tub and then sunk down into it with a sigh. The soft water felt like silk against his naked body.

He closed his eyes and sunk in until his neck was fully covered and there he relaxed, nearly drifting off to sleep, which meant he didn't hear Jacob reenter the room, until he felt something being placed on his head. Troye quickly opened his eyes and reached his wet hand up, and pulled a hat off his head. He looked at it and laughed upon seeing it was a cowboy hat.

"Cute," Troye said and handed it back to Jacob.

Jacob laughed and placed the hat on a counter. He then leaned back down, cupped Troye's face, and pressed their lips together softly.

"Mmm," Troye hummed into the kiss, reaching his hand up and twisting his fingers into Jacob hair.

The two kissed passionately until Jacob pulled away, he pressed a quick kiss to Troye's nose and then stood back up.

"This is so nice, Jakes. Thank you," Troye spoke softly.

"It's nice hearing you sound so relaxed," Jacob replied.