a phoneix in the fire

Jacob and Troye went to the grocery store to get some provisions for movie night. Just as they made their way to the checkout line, Troye paused.

"What's wrong?" Jacob asked.

"I forgot candy! Be right back ok?"

Jacob laughed. Troye pushed himself up to give Jacob a quick kiss on the cheek and headed down an aisle. As soon as Troye was out of sight, Jacob heard someone say, "Hey Jay."

Quickly Jacob turned around, "Dad?"

"How's it going kid? It's been awhile," his dad said.

"It's going great, how are you?"

"Can't complain," his dad said with a smile he then nodded down the aisle, "So...is that umm something serious?"

Jacob stood confused for a moment before responding, "Oh you mean Troye! Ya- 9 months."

"Wow, that's quite a bit of time."

Jacob blushed, "Ya well, he's amazing."

"Look Jacob, why don't you come to our place for Thanksgiving? I'm sure everyone would love to see you. You can bring that boy too..."

"Troye." Jacob said with a smirk. "You sure everyone would be cool with us being there?"

"You're my son, Jacob. I love you. I miss you and I want you there. Actually, your old room is just as you kept it, why don't you guys come stay for a couple days?"

Jacob's expression softened. It was obvious that his dad really wanted him there. You see, Jacob usually avoided his dad's family as not everyone "agreed with his lifestyle." But honestly, it wasn't fair to his dad and it wasn't fair to himself. "I'll talk to Troye about it," Jacob sighed.

"Oh, I wasn't even thinking. I know your Mom is visiting some family out of state and won't be home, but you probably have plans with his family, huh?"

Jacob giggled, "No- Troye's Australian. Er well, South African born, Australian bred. So his family doesn't celebrate Thanksgiving, nor do they live in the USA."

"Oh, wow that's cool."

"Yep, his accent is to die for," just as Jacob said this he heard, "Whose accent is to die for?" coming from a familiar voice behind him. Jacob turned to look at Troye.

"Yours, of course, baby." Jacob wrapped his arm around Troye's waist and pulled him closer. Troye looked to Jacob's dad and then back to Jacob.

Jacob smiled, "Baby, this is my Dad- Randy Bixenman. Dad, this is the love of my life Troye Sivan Mellet."

"Troye with an 'E'," Troye added with a giggle as he reached his hand over to Randy.

"It's so nice to meet you, Troye. I was just telling Jacob that I'd love for you both to come to Thanksgiving at our place."

"I don't know..." Troye said with a smile. "If all of you are this tall it might be a bit overwhelming..." he laughed.

Randy laughed as well.

"I'm sure we can make it though, right Jay?" Troye asked looking at Jacob.

"Well, you boys talk it over and then call me, Jacob. I'm sure you still have my number," Randy said.

"Jacob Taylor!" Troye exclaimed, "You ought to be calling your Dad every week, at least."

Jacob rolled his eyes and Randy laughed. "I like this boy," Randy said.

"Ya, ya, ya. Ok I will call you and iron out the plans," Jacob said.

"Ok, great," Randy replied, "I will talk to you both soon. Troye, with an 'E', it was so nice meeting you." Randy shook Troye's hand. He then leaned in and kissed Jacob on the cheek and wove goodbye.