always hoping that things would change

Jacob was snuggled on a couch at his sister's house with his nephew asleep on his chest. Angie smiled at him as she took a seat next to him.

"It's nice to have you home, Jakes. We missed you."

"I missed you all soooo much too," Jacob sighed.

Angie frowned, "What's wrong, baby?"

Jacob looked away and then back at his sister, "I just don't know anymore."

"About?"

"Everything."

"Jacob," Angie laughed softly, "that's not true."

"You're right. It's not. But, it also kind of is. Like, everything in my life is tied to my boyfriend right now."

"That's what relationships are like," Angie replied.

"No, I know that. But shouldn't it be some of me and some of him and not like all of him?"

Angie nodded.

"Ok, cause like I'm always made out like I'm a bad guy for seeing things that way. I'm starting to think even my own work is going to be tied to the fact that I'm dating Troye and like I'm more than that." Jacob's phone then rang on the couch. He checked the caller id and was intrigued when his manager's name popped up.

"Hi Nicole," Jacob said answering the phone while readjusting his nephew in his lap.

"Hey Jacob! Exciting news- MAC wants to book you for their Viva La Glam campaign!"

"MAC?! Wow that's fucking awesome," Jacob smiled widely.

"Ya, so it looks like we will need to plan a shoot in the next couple weeks because I guess Dani said that Troye is going to Australia in December?" Nicole replied.

"Oh, he didn't tell me that yet...but, even still, I don't have to go with him..." Jacob said in a confused tone.

"Oh, sorry, my bad. I'm multitasking here, the campaign will be with you and Troye together," Nicole explained.

"Of course it is," Jacob laughed.

"Is that ok, Jacob? You sound disappointed."

"It's fine, Nicole," Jacob sighed, "just send me the details once you have them." Jacob thanked Nicole and then hung up.

"So you're going to do a campaign for MAC?" Angie asked.

Jacob rolled his eyes, "More like they want Troye to do a campaign and I get to be his arm candy in it."

"I'm sure that's not how they see it," Angie replied.

"You know sometimes I think I hate him," Jacob laughed. "Nicole said that Troye is going to Australia in December, but he didn't tell me anything about it. Probably just expects that he will tell me to pack and I'll do it without question. Fuck him."

"Jake," Angie frowned.

"No, I'm serious Ang. He's the worst! He..." Jacob's phone then sounded with a text. Seeing it was Troye he rolled his eyes and read it out loud.

"Are you coming to Portland, Seattle and Vancouver for the rest of the North American tour dates?" Jacob read.

Without even thinking Jacob quickly typed in 'Fuck you' and hit send. Immediately his phone began to ring and he groaned before answering it.

"What?!" Jacob said.

"Ummm hi..." Troye replied.

Jacob didn't respond.

"Did I do something wrong?" Troye asked.

"Did you breathe today?" Jacob quipped.

"Umm obviously," Troye answered.