i cant trust myself

As soon as Troye stepped out of the airport, he took an Uber to Jacob's dad's house. He couldn't exactly describe how he felt- nervous, sad, anxious, scared- basically you could boil all the feelings down and just label what Troye was feeling as not good. But, it didn't matter. Jacob needed Troye and Troye needed to be there for him. His heart pounded as the car pulled down the street and then parked in front of the Bixenman residence. The street was still filled with cars of others who came together at this tragic time and Troye was so not ready to interact with anyone but Jacob. But, he had to get inside for Jacob. He quickly made his way to the door, lifted his right hand into a fist, took a deep breath and knocked.

It wasn't long before the door was opening to reveal Jacob's dad. "Troye," Randy said with a polite smile, Troye could see the sadness in Randy's eyes and Troye didn't want to be a jerk, but he was there for Jacob.

"Is Jacob here?" Troye asked.

Randy nodded and stepped out of Troye's way, "He's in his room."

Troye stepped in, turned a right into the living room and that is where he nearly ran right into Avery. Internally Troye groaned as Avery placed his hands on Troye's waist to help steady him. "Hey, Troye," Avery said with a smirk.

Not wanting to cause a scene, Troye nodded, wiggled away from Avery and moved into the kitchen, keeping his head down, before approaching the stairs and taking them two at a time to get to Jacob's room. Troye didn't stop until he was swinging the door open with such force that it banged on the wall inside and soon the light from the hallway flooded into the dark room.

Troye cringed for interrupting the quiet environment. Luckily, none of the figures he saw sleeping throughout the room stirred. After a few moments, his eyes adjusted, he stepped into the dark room and shut the door. Only the moonlight through the window lit the area for him as he looked to identify who was in the room and where Jacob was. To his left was a small couch and he could see Ruthie's long hair cascading over the arm of the couch as she slept soundly. Troye then looked to the floor where two individuals slept. Immediately he recognized one to be Jed, but the other...Troye couldn't see his face nor could he think who it could possibly be. His eyes then drifted up towards the bed where he noticed his gorgeous tall boyfriend being held tightly by Jacob's good friend and former roommate, Adam.

Troye quietly tip toed towards the bed and sat on the edge of it next to Jacob's feet. He looked up an examined Jacob's face which was obviously a bit swollen and stained from tears. Troye bit his lip and moved higher up on the bed, he was about to run his hand through Jacob's messy dark curls when a soft voice said "Hey, Troye."

Troye looked over at Adam and whispered, "Hey."

Adam slowly sat up saying, "I'll move to the floor with those two."

"Oh," Troye said feeling badly and looking down at the floor, "you, you don't have to."

"Trust me, he would much prefer to wake up next to you," Adam said with a soft laugh.

Troye nodded and Adam carefully climbed out of the bed. Troye looked to the ground. "Hey Ad?"

"Ya?"

"Who's that?" Troye said pointing at the other person on the floor who wasn't Jed.

"Oh," Adam frowned a bit, "that's umm Jack."

"Jack?" Troye said in question a bit too loud. He quickly covered his mouth and looked at Jacob to make sure his boyfriend wasn't bothered.

Adam sighed, "Ya, but like you don't have anything to worry about. He and Jake were best friends for years before they were anything more and everyone knows that it was a huge mistake when Jacob left you for Jack and Jack is totally over it."