swallow nostalgia

Is this story getting too long?

Troye calmed himself after waking up and as he slowly breathed in and out, he turned to look at the clock- 3:37 AM. Troye sighed, he felt tired still, but was honestly afraid to go to sleep. That dream he had was unexpected and sad, really fucking sad, like unbelievably sad. Fuck. Troye was just sad in general. Realizing it was the afternoon in Perth, Troye rolled out of bed walked to a table in the room with his laptop and opened skype. Seeing that Kayla and Kerri were both available, Troye smiled softly and then looked at Jacob, to ensure he was fast asleep, before clicking to start a chat with his two best friends.

"HEY TOK!" Kayla squealed.

"Hey babe," Kerri smiled widely, but quickly her smile faltered, "Baby, what's wrong?"

Troye let out a shaky breath and bit his lip.

"Oh Troye," Kayla said sounding very concerned, "Talk to us, love."

Troye took a deep breath and said, "Everything feels so wrong."

"As in Jacob?" Kerri asked.

"God, no- he's the only right thing in my stupid life."

"Troye," Kayla replied in a disappointed tone.

"It's true. I fucked up my rehearsal and then I had a fight with my parents."

"Why?" Kerri and Kayla asked in unison.

"Because they are fucking moving to Melbourne!"

Kayla and Kerri both gasped.

"Ya, I know- it's the worst thing ever. Like Perth is our home, I don't understand how they could just do that. I don't want to live in Melbourne!" A tear fell from Troye's eye.

"Well, you live in LA now," Kerri added hoping to comfort the boy.

Troye groaned, "Ya, ok I live in LA. But, Perth is my home, it's my city and they are taking it from me."

Kerri sighed and bit her lip. She looked to the side as if she was making eye contact with Kayla, as they would do if they were in the same room.

"What is it?" Troye asked preparing himself for more disappointment.

"Well..." Kerri started, "I'm moving as well."

"WHAT THE FUCK!" Troye whisper yelled, "What the fuck is going on? Our group is falling apart."

"Baby, we'll always have each other," Kayla said.

"But, we've all lived in Perth since we were like two and I don't want to let that go."

"Well then, don't. We'll always be here for each other and you'll always have your memories to hold on to," Kerri replied.

"Oh god," Troye groaned, "speaking of memories..."

Kayla raised an eyebrow.

Troye sighed, "I had this dream, well it was so weird as it was just like the replaying of a memory and I swear that never happens to me. But, I was in Perth...with Connor."

"Oh," Kerri and Kayla both said.

"Ya, it was from that time when he and I went out to that field in my Dad's truck..."

"OH!" Kerri and Kayla answered again.

"That must have been some dream," Kayla added.

Troye bit his lip and nodded, "It just made me really fucking sad. I feel like I'm losing everything!"

"What do you mean?" Kerri asked.

"I don't know- nothing feels right. I'm losing my home...I, I lost Connor, and I'm pretty fucking certain that I've lost myself! My dad said he doesn't know who I am anymore." Tears began to trickle down Troye's cheeks.