tryna win in a losing game

The next morning Troye woke up, on the couch of course, and noted it was barely 8 AM. Jacob would surely be sleeping longer, so Troye decided to head out for some coffee and pastries. His chest still felt heavy with the events of the night before and his head slightly pounded from the bottle of champagne he finished himself, but the cool morning air felt good as he breathed it in and Troye found himself calming down. Yes, he still felt rather heartbroken, hearing Jacob's thoughts on marriage and starting a family, but he told himself that he was going to enjoy Italy and then maybe worry about it later. So he picked up coffees for he and Jacob, and a few pastries, and headed back to the hotel. Upon entering the room, a worried Jacob, Kayla and Ryan jumped up from the couch.

"Umm good morning," Troye said.

"You fucking worried us!" Kayla scolded Troye, "why didn't you take your phone?"

"I guess I forgot," Troye said noticing his phone sitting on the table, "I just went out for coffee." He then walked over handed a coffee to Jacob and pressed a kiss to Jacob's cheek, "Morning, baby."

"Morning," Jacob replied his eyes lighting up in surprise at Troye's affection, "and thank you."

"Mmhmm, got some pastries too."

"Ooh, what kind?" Ryan asked.

Troye glared at Ryan, "None for you, bitch. Just for my boyfriend."

"Be nice, Troye," Kayla shot back.

Troye rolled his eyes, "Ok well, I'm fine. So why don't you two go to your room, get ready and we will see you in a few."

Kayla scoffed and headed out the door, Ryan followed closely behind, "See you two in a bit."

Once the door closed behind Ryan, Troye turned to look at Jacob. Jacob placed his coffee on the table and stepped closer to Troye, "Hey Troye, about yesterday..."

Troye quickly lifted a hand and placed it gently to Jacob's lips, "Shhh, I'm over it."

Jacob took Troye's hand from his mouth and held it in his own, "Are you?"

Troye's lip quivered and he tried to force his voice to remain steady, but it failed him. "Ok, maybe not, but I'm trying my best to be. I'll be ok though."

"It's ok to feel sad or disappointed," Jacob replied, "I just don't want you to feel heartbroken. I love you, Troye, ok? Like I said a ring and a piece of paper won't change that either way. And," Jacob took a deep breath, "someday we can have children, T. It's just right now with our schedules, we'd be shit parents and I know you'd give up everything for a family and it's not time for you to do that yet. You've so much music left in you and you should focus on that."

Troye nodded and then gasped, "Bloom Oz and NZ tickets go on sale today! So fucking excited to get to go back home to perform!"

Jacob smiled, "Home?"

"Oh," Troye said, "I, umm..."

"It's ok, Troye, just messing with you. Australia will always be home, I get it. Love seeing you get excited about music and touring, my gorgeous pop star boyfriend that you are," Jacob said and placed a hand on Troye's waist.

"Are you getting fresh with me, Bix?" Troye asked wrapping his arms around Jacob's neck.

Jacob laughed, "Nobody says that anymore, Troye."

"Is there a better alternative?" Troye teased.

"Ya, just ask if I'm trying to get laid," Jacob replied.

"Oh so direct, Mr. Bixenman. But, we don't have time for that right now. Have to get ready for a day with my lovely best friend and her stupid, fucking boyfriend," Troye sighed.