never letting go of suburbia

Troye and Jacob walked into the venue hand in hand, and almost immediately they were met with a squeal of- "JAKEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!"

The boys turned to see Sage running towards them. Immediately she jumped on Jacob and gave him the biggest hug. "I've missed you so much!!!!"

Jacob laughed, "I missed you too." Suddenly Jacob felt two arms wrapping around him from behind and turned to see Tyde. He wrapped an arm around Tyde and pulled him into a group hug with he and Sage.

Troye cleared his throat. "Hey, traitors, you haven't seen me just as long as you haven't seen Jacob. Plus, I'm your actual fucking brother."

Tyde rolled his eyes, "Don't you have a show to get ready for? We have some catching up to do with Jake."

Jacob looked at Troye and gave him a small sympathetic smile, just as Dani was rounding the corner to pull Troye away.

Quickly, Jacob let go of the younger Mellet's to kiss Troye and tell him he would see him later and Troye pretended to be annoyed as Sage and Tyde dragged his boyfriend away, but really he loved it. He loved how much his little siblings adored Jacob. Troye smiled fondly at them behind their backs as they each spoke loudly, quickly, and excitedly to one another.

Once Jacob, Tyde, and Sage were far enough from Troye, Jacob said, "Ok guys- I need your help."

Tyde and Sage nodded.

"We are going to be in Perth for mine And Troye's 6-month anniversary. Having never been to Perth, I know nothing about it, but I want to plan something nice and special for him."

"What do you have in mind?" Sage asked.

Jacob shrugged, "I don't even know where to begin. My knowledge of the area is zip, zilch, nada, nothing."

"Ok, I know what to do," Tyde said. He grabbed hold of Jacob's arm and dragged him down the hall.

What Jacob wasn't prepared for was the fact that Tyde dragged him right to Shaun Mellet.

"Ah, Jacob- how are you doing?" Shaun asked. Jacob shot a WTF look at Tyde. Sure, Shaun said Jacob was welcome to join them in Australia, but he was certain that Shaun still hated him. Before Jacob could answer, Tyde spoke up. "Dad, Jacob and Troye's half year anniversary is when they will be in Perth with us. Jake wants to plan something nice, but he doesn't know the area of course and well I don't know much about that stuff and I thought maybe you would be the best person to ask for help."

Jacob casted his eyes towards the floor wishing he never opened his mouth. "Ya, alright," Shaun said, "Take a seat Jake. We can figure this out."

With that Tyde patted Jacob on the back and pointed to the seat next to his dad. Jacob sat down.

"Where would you like to start?" Shaun asked.

Jacob cleared his throat beckoning himself to get his shit together. "Troye loves flowers..."

"Alright," Shaun replied and took his phone out and began to dial a number. "Hello, Lu! How are you? I'm great. The kids are great, ya. Actually, my boys' boyfriend is here with me and he was hoping to order some flowers, so I'm going to give him the phone."

Shaun handed the phone to Jacob and smiled.

"Hello," Jacob said, "ya, Troye. Yes- I agree he is very special. And I'm open for suggestions, whatever you can do that's super beautiful and special, just like him."  By the end of the call, Jacob and Lu had planned for three dozen rainbow roses to be delivered to Troye's house on the morning of their anniversary.  After he thanked Lu and hung up, Shaun asked, "Ok, so what else?"

"Umm," Jacob bit his lip in contemplation.

"Can I make a suggestion?" Shaun asked. Jacob nodded.

"There are these really gorgeous floral gardens that Troye loves. I'm sure he hasn't been there forever though. You can use my car and take him there. And then, there is a little restaurant nearby that we can make you reservations at. I don't think Troye's ever been there, it's not like fancy, but it's a really romantic little place. It's also close to the beach and there are gorgeous sunsets there in the evening."

Jacob's jaw dropped and he nodded. "Yes, to all of that. Thank you. Like seriously, thank you. That's exactly what I was looking for."

Shaun nodded and smiled. "Good. Also, if I've got my dates right, Laurelle, Tyde, Sage, and I are going to be away for the night for Sage's dance competition. So, you should have the house to yourself..."

Jacob groaned as his cheeks began to flush. Shaun laughed and patted Jacob on the back. "You're a good kid, Jake. I mean that." He placed his arm around Jacob's shoulder and pulled him into a side hug. Jacob sighed and leaned into Shaun's hug. "Awwww!" Jacob heard someone say behind them. He peered over his shoulder to see Laurelle.

Jacob stood up, "Hi, Mrs. Mellet. How are you?"

"It's Laurelle and I'm great. Super excited to have you in Australia," she walked towards Jacob and embraced him. Jacob hugged Laurelle back, "I'm really excited to be here as well."

"We are going to have such a great time in Perth. I know that you guys are only here for less than two weeks, but it's going to be wonderful. Unfortunately, Steele is at college, but having Tyde, Sage, Toky and you all together is such a blessing!" Laurelle said.

Jacob beamed over Laurelle's excitement. And the night continued to be exciting as Troye performed in front of a sold out crowd in Sydney. Jacob watched the show with all of the Mellet's- they danced together, they sang together, took a whole bunch of selfies and cheered Troye on will all the love he deserved. And after a night full of rest in one another's arms, Troye and Jacob were on their way to Perth.

After a quick flight and brief car ride, the boys were pulling up to a gorgeous house in an adorable suburb. "Home sweet home," Troye said to Jacob with the biggest smile on his face. Seeing how happy his boy was made Jacob's heart beat faster. He wished that Troye could forever feel that happy. Luckily, his wish would prove to come true, at least for the brief amount of time they spent in Perth.