i need advice

November 29, 11:54 AM

jacobbix:

poodles? pit bulls? or pugs?

troyesivan:

huh?

jacobbix:

continuing our conversation- do you prefer poodles, pit bulls, or pugs?

troyesivan:

oh... lol... whichever one needs rescued.

you know- adopt don't shop!

jacobbix:

great answer!

troyesivan:

but, i don't really think that discussing dog breeds is really what i had in mind when i said i wanted to know more about you.

jacobbix:

sorry! i'm just trying to plan for our future.

troyesivan:

wait- what?

jacobbix:

you know, for when you get mad at me someday for spilling almond milk (i'm lactose intolerant) on the carpet of our living room and i have to bring you home a dog to make it up to you.
———————————————————-

Troye's faced turned a bright shade of red and he was thankful that Jacob could not actually see him through his phone screen. He looked to the kitchen where his boyfriend sat immersed in contracts concerning some clothing line. Looking back to his phone, Troye sighed and then returned his gaze to his boyfriend.

"Hey, Con?" Troye questioned.

When Connor didn't respond, Troye repeated, "Con?"

Without raising his eyes from his papers Connor grunted out a "huh?"

With a bit of disappointment in his voice, from the lack of attention his boyfriend was giving to him, Troye asked, "Do you think we can get a dog...someday?"

This caused Connor to force his eyes up and over to his boyfriend who was perched on the chaise lounge near the window in his apartment. "Jeeze, I don't know, Troye," Connor spoke. "You know I am much more of a cat person." Noticing the disappointment in Troye's eyes, Connor added, "But, maybe someday we can have one of each? we'll just have to see. ok?"

Troye shrugged and returned his gaze to his phone. After rereading Jacob's words a few times over, Troye decided he had to respond and that there was only one real response that was appropriate.

___________________________

November 29, 12:02 PM

troyesivan:

jacob...

jacobbix:

gorgeous...

troyesivan:

jacob- i have a boyfriend.

jacobbix:

most great love stories start out this way.

but, i have to run for a few.

talk to you later?

troyesivan:

uh, ya. ok!

jacobbix:
😘
————————————————————
Troye slid his phone into his pocket and tucked his bottom lip under his teeth contemplating what just happened. Troye closed his eyes and started to envision the boy with the raven black hair, striking hazel eyes, and a body that he imagined looked even better with far less clothes on than in the pictures he was lucky enough to see online. In his mind, he traced the boys' abs with his long, thin fingers and brushed his thumbs down the boys' v-line.
"Hey Troye?"
"Troye?"
"Troye!"
Troye's ocean colored eyes shot open and were met with the quizzical green eyes belonging to Connor.
"You ok, Troye?"
"Ya. I'm fine," Troye sputtered out.
"Alright, well I'm heading down to the coffee shop to meet some people to go over my line. Maybe we can watch a movie when I get home?"
Troye nodded and readjusted the pillow that he was thankful to have in his lap concealing the bulge that had grown beneath his skinny jeans. Connor leaned in, pecked Troye on his lips and headed out the door. Troye breathed out a sigh of relief and slapped his hand over his eyes with a groan. "You have a boyfriend, Troye. You and Connor have spent the last two years together. You've written songs for him. He makes you happy. Get a grip,"
Troye scolded himself. "Why though? Why? Why is this Jacob guy messaging me now, where did he comes from, how did he find me?" Troye stood from his seat and began to pace the room. "Leland," he said. "Leland will help me work through this."

Stepping over to the full length mirror hanging on the wall, Troye let out a sigh of appreciation seeing that the problem in his pants was beginning to catch up with the rest of his body in feeling more confused and concerned rather than turned on. After pushing his curls from his forehead and straightening his Adidas jumper a bit, Troye grabbed his wallet, checked his pocket for his cell phone, pulled his keys off the hook by the door and headed across WeHo to drop by Leland's apartment.

Being that Troye was 20 and Leland was 25, Leland was more than just a best friend to Troye, Leland was more like a big brother. This was especially helpful considering Troye's entire family, including his actual brothers and sister were still in Perth while he was staying with Connor. Connor's apartment had been his home away from home for the past two years and luckily it was in walking distance from his best friends' house which meant that after a short 15 minute walk, Troye found himself on Leland's doorstep, hoping that Leland was in fact home.

As the door swung open, an apology spilled from Troye's lips, "I'm sorry, I really should have called to let you know I was coming." The tension exited his body as he was pulled into a hug by his best friend who simply replied, "You know you're always welcome. Come on in."

As Troye walked across the threshold into Leland's home, he quickly declared, " I really need your help." Leland's eyes met his own and after a brief evaluation of his mood, Leland recognized that Troye felt himself in a bit of a crisis and ushered the younger boy to the kitchen table and offered him a mug of coffee.

Thirty minutes later, Troye's coffee sat untouched. He had just finished spilling his concerns to Leland, who sat across from him with pursed lips, nodding along to what he had just heard concerning Jacob and the mystery messages.

"W-well?" Troye stammered. Leland smiled at his friend. "Hun- you are about to release your first full length album in just a few days. People are going to message you left and right, night and day in a similar way as this Jacob character. You don't need him or anyone else to validate you and tell you how good you are or how good looking you are. Besides, you can't just blindly trust each random Joe or Jake that messages you online because you don't even know who that person actually is. The internet is a dangerous place full of..."
"I am who I am because of the internet, Leland. It's how I met Connor and Tyler and Zoe and Joe and Alfie and, well, most of my friends," Troye said cutting Leland off.
"Besides, I looked this Jacob up," Troye added as he unlocked his phone, swiped open his pictures, chose the one he saved of Jacob the day before and held it up for Leland to see.
Leland raised his eyebrows, "So now that he knows you have a boyfriend, maybe try telling him that your best friend is single and definitely looking to mingle."
"Brett!" Troye whined.
Leland laughed. "I'm sorry, I'm sorry. You're right, he's hot. But, coming on to you so strongly the way he has done, sort of makes him sound like a douche. And honestly, I know what would make this better."
"You do?" Troye looked up hopefully at his best friend.
Leland nodded, stood from his seat, walked to his younger, smaller friend and placing a hand on each shoulder he whispered, "You need the D. So go home, tell Connor to stop sticking his eyes in boring contracts and to stick something in you instead."
Troye felt the blood rushing up his ears, he looked down to his hands that were wringing over one another and smiled. "I suppose it would be nice for him to take a break from work and spend some time with me instead," Troye said pushing himself out of his chair and turning to hug Leland who was at the same time ushering him to the door.
"That's right, baby," Leland said. "Get yourself some ass and if you don't feel better by tomorrow, then don't let that boy of yours out of bed until you do."
Troye thanked Leland for always being there for him and set off back home.