we might not get back up

Drama drama drama

That night, Troye and Jed were sitting at a bar swapping Jacob stories. They laughed hysterically over the dumb things that the boy, they were both so fond of, had done.

Troye also told Jed all about his album which was now almost half way done. He was proud to let Jed secretly listen to a couple songs.

Just as Jed was listening to an early rendition of a song called, "Animal", he felt a tap on his back.

Jed quickly turned around- His jaw immediately dropped.

"Long time no see, Jenkins," a very attractive, tall, lean, but built, boy said looking at Jed with a smile.

Jed stood and hugged the boy. "Hi Jack. It's been quite awhile."

Jack nodded, "How are you?"

"I'm great."

"How's Jacob?"

Troye's eyes immediately shot up to look at the boy again.

"He's great too. This umm, this here is Troye. He's Jacob's boyfriend," Jed stumbled over his words a bit.

Troye gave Jed a confused look, but quickly looked back at Jack.

Jack had an amused look on his face, "is Jacob here?" He asked.

"No." Jed said.

"Bummer,"Jack replied. He put a hand out to Jed, "give me your phone."

Jed unlocked his phone and handed it to Jack. Jack smiled, "I'm putting my number in here and also texting myself so that I have your number. Have Jacob call me, ok?"

Jed nodded and hesitantly looked over at Troye. Troye narrowed his eyes and stared at Jack.

Jack handed Jed his phone and hugged him before strutting away.

Troye turned to look at Jed. "Who the fuck was that?"

"We should go," Jed said looking as if he was internally at war with himself. Before Troye could answer, Jed was already out the front door.

The drive home was quiet and it annoyed Troye. It also annoyed Troye that once they got back to the apartment, Jed nearly ran up to see Jacob.

Troye was about 10 paces behind Jed and when he walked into the apartment he heard Jacob exclaim, "What?!?! Where?!??"

Troye stood by the door listening in.

"At the bar, where Troye and I were. He gave me his number, said to have you call him."

"Fuck..." Jacob said quietly.

Troye was about to walk quietly into the room, but quickened his pace as soon as he heard Jacob say, "You have to text me his number."

Troye stomped in making his presence known. But, Jed and Jacob didn't even look his way. Jed was standing next to Jacob with his phone out for Jacob to see and Jacob was holding his phone and typing something in. A small smile was on Jacob's face when he looked up to Jed.

Finally Troye had enough, "Anyone want to tell me what the hell is going on?"

Jed and Jacob exchanged glances almost as if they forgot Troye existed, or at least that was how Troye perceived it.

"That guy at the bar, he's an old friend of ours," Jed said quietly. Jacob nodded, but didn't seem to really pay attention as he was typing in his phone. Seconds later his phone began to ring and he looked up at Jed with a smile. He grabbed Jed's arm and pulled him out to the balcony, before answering the phone.