i'm vulnerable

Troye's show in Warsaw was a blast. He decided to use his performance as an outlet to let go of all of the negative emotions and energy that he was feeling and he totally owned the stage.

But it was the moments in his hotel room and in the airplane, as he sat alone, that Troye couldn't help but to feel utterly lonely and sad. Again he found himself becoming homesick and that feeling worsened and worsened on his flight back to LA as LA no longer felt like home and coming home to a large empty house, the day before his birthday, didn't help either. Nash was with the sitter until the following day, considering Troye was returning home late and Jacob, well he hadn't heard from Jacob at all since the day they determined they were on a break. That probably hurt most of all. Yes, Jacob had encouraged Troye to call or text whenever he wanted, but he was curious what would happen if he left it up to Jacob to reach out to him and he soon realized he didn't like the result.

Troye was exhausted though so he climbed right into bed when he got home, after all, he had to be up early to head to his manager Brandon's house to prepare for his Vogue interview.

Troye's alarm went off at 6 AM, he rolled out of bed, showered, styled his hair, pulled on his favorite pair of blue jeans and white t-shirt and jumped in his car to get Nash. After picking up Nash, Troye drove to Brandon's house. Before Troye could even knock, Brandon was opening the door with a guilty expression.

"What's wrong?" Troye asked.

Brandon sighed, stepped outside and closed the door behind him. "Look, I didn't realize that you two weren't together right now."

"What are you talking about?" Troye asked.

Then it hit him. He reached around Brandon, opened the door and stepped inside.

"Hi," Jacob said scrambling to his feet from the couch.

"I'm so sorry," Brandon said following Troye in. "Vogue asked about Jacob being here too and of course I said yes- I, I didn't know."

"It's fine," Troye said looking back at Brandon. He then walked over towards Jacob, hugged him and said, "it's nice to see you."

Jacob immediately hugged Troye back, "You too. You look great."

"Thanks," Troye offered a small smile.

"Oh!" Brandon said excitedly, "happy birthday, Troye!"

Jacob's jaw dropped and he looked at his phone, "Oh my gods, it's June 5th."

"That it is," Troye sighed as he bent down to take off Nash's leash.

"Fuck, baby, I've been so busy I totally lost track of what day it was," Jacob explained.

Troye shrugged, "It's fine, I wasn't expecting to see you anyways."

"What plans do you have? Maybe we can get dinner or something?" Jacob asked.

"I don't have any plans besides this and I kind of thought maybe I'd just sit home. I'm kinda tired."

"As if we are letting you spend your birthday alone, Troye Sivan. You can go home and nap after this, but we will be over at around 6:30 to pick you up for a nice little celebration," Brandon said.

"Who's we?" Troye asked.

"Me, Brett, Dani...probably some others, sounds like Jacob is in too," Brandon replied.

"Definitely," Jacob nodded.

Troye shrugged, "Ya, I guess that sounds alright."

"Great," Brandon smiled, "ok let's go over a few things for the interview. Troye, you'll get the door, start in the kitchen, get yourself a coffee, Joe will ask you some general questions, you know make small talk. From there you'll enter the living room, the nail polish and candles are in there. Joe is cool with checking it out. Once we get the cue, we will send Jacob and Nash in. Joe is going to ask how long you have been together and," Brandon then turned to Jacob, "then he will ask what your first impression of Troye was."