gray areas and expectations

By the time Jacob got into LA, it was early the next day. He headed straight for his apartment to get a shower and pull himself together before deciding how he could smooth things over with Troye.

After his shower he figured he should check in with Tyde. He decided that texting Tyde would be best.

Jacob:

Hi Tyde

Tyde:

Hey you make it to LA?

Jacob:

Yep- just trying to figure out what to do from here. Pretty sure your brother won't answer my calls.

Tyde:

Well- I spoke to mum and dad and after they worked through their anger, they decided that it wouldn't have made sense for you to leak the picture. It's not like you have anything to gain from it. Like, it's not of you two together and your name hasn't even been mentioned as part of it online so...

Jacob:

So...

Tyde:

Dad said he would talk to Troye, if you like.

Jacob:

Yes! Please. Omg, please. I think he will listen to your dad.

Tyde:

LOL
Ok then. Why don't you sit tight and we  will see what good ol' Shaun can do.

Jacob:

Great! I will wait for your next text.

Over at Dani's place, Troye laid awake on the couch. He hugged a pillow tightly against himself. He felt like absolute shit as he couldn't sleep and he felt so empty thinking about everything that he lost.

His wallowing was interrupted by the sound of his phone. Seeing it was his dad, he picked up right away.

"Hi daddy," he said softly.

"Hey, Tok. How are you?" Shaun asked.

"Pretty awful."

"It's really not a bad picture, Troye. Suggestive, yes. Bad, no."

"It's not about the picture, Dad. It's about Jacob. How could he do such a thing?"

"Ah, well...maybe because he didn't," Shaun responded.

Troye groaned.

"Just listen to me, Tok. It doesn't make sense. Jacob hasn't been attached to the photo at all, it's not like he's getting any publicity over it. What would he have to gain by sharing it?"

"I don't know," Troye sighed, "But, he had to have done it."

"Are you really so sure of that?"

"I didn't send it to anyone else!"

"Ok, well. Let's talk through this a bit."

"When did you send the picture?"

"When I was in LA for the Ellen show."