i don't mind that you think that you're right

After a few more international shows, Troye and Jacob found themselves back in the States for the MTV VMAs. Troye was performing during the preshow and was nominated for his Blue Neighbourhood video triology. He woke up feeling so excited for the night, but of course nothing ever goes exactly as planned.

Troye checked his phone as soon as he stepped out of the shower in his hotel room. He was greeted by a text from Dani.

Dani:

So did you forget to tell me that you and Jacob were going public with your relationship?

Dani:

No big deal, just would be nice to know.

Troye looked at his phone confused and texted back

Troye:

What are you talking about, Dani?

Dani:

It is captioned with: straight up going against Beyoncé and Chris Brown! Wishing my brothers boyfriend a win at the VMAs tonight for best video

It is captioned with: straight up going against Beyoncé and Chris Brown! Wishing my brothers boyfriend a win at the VMAs tonight for best video... with some hashtags

Troye's jaw dropped. He wrapped a towel around him and exited the room. "Jacob!" He yelled. "What the fuck is your sister doing?"

Jacob looked over from where he was sitting on the bed and looked at Troye quizzically.

"Look at Angie's Instagram account," Troye nearly growled.

Jacob quickly pulled out his phone and after about 30 seconds he gasped.

"Tell her to fucking delete it- right now," Troye demanded, "How could she be so stupid?"

Jacob looked up at Troye, he understood why Troye was mad, but he didn't think it was worth calling his sister stupid over. "Troye, calm down. You shouldn't talk about my sister like that," Jacob said weakly.

"She shouldn't be meddling in our business like this! Don't pretend like it isn't a big deal!" Troye spit back.

"Maybe I don't understand why it's such a big deal," Jacob replied with more confidence.

Troye narrowed his eyes. "Did you maybe forget that we've been keeping our private life what it should be...private! Your sister has no right to take that from us."

"Really, Troye? There are Tracob posts all over social media. It's not like people don't know there is something between us."

"Ugh!" Troye shook his head. "Jacob- I need you to not be so stupid, babe. Use that pretty head of yours to think. THIS is completely different. What's your fucking sister going to do next, leak out our address when we get a house someday, tell the world when we are getting married? You need to talk to your family and tell them not to do things that are obviously this dumb!"

"Keep talking about my family, especially my sister, like that and we won't have to worry about either of those two things," Jacob spoke angrily through his clenched teeth.