i wanna be with you

Jacob woke the next morning on the couch, he looked up to find Troye sitting on a chair across from him. Jacob groaned and sat up.

Troye sighed, "I'm sorry I hit you, but you, you shouldn't have said those things to me."

Jacob laughed, "Bullshit- you started it and hitting is NEVER ok. What are you going to do when you have kids someday, and notice that I said when YOU have kids and not WE because - FUCK YOU. Are you going to hit them too when they piss you off?"

Troye's bottom lip trembled and he quietly responded, "I would never."

"Mmmhmm, but you can hit me, right? I think that speaks VOLUMES."

"Jake, please..."

"NO, I'm done Troye. I'm fucking done."

"What does that mean?"

Jacob pushed himself to stand and shrugged.

"Don't you love me?" Troye asked standing.

"OBVIOUSLY I DO! THAT'S HOW THIS ALL STARTED- REMEMBER?" Jacob shouted. His voice then softened, "But, I won't do this with you. I won't go down this path where you think it's ok to raise a hand to me. I won't go down a path where I find myself on a couch holding ice to my face. I won't do it."

"Are you leaving me?" Troye asked fighting back tears.

Jacob thought about it and shook his head, "No- I don't think so. Not yet, at least, because I am a fucking moron and I love you and part of me thinks maybe we could fix this, but I am telling you right now there will be MAJOR changes."

Troye nodded and wrapped his arms around himself protectively.

"We're slowing things WAY down," Jacob said. "In fact," he moved over to the kitchen counter and picked up a folder, "Maybe you should move out," He said handing the folder to Troye.

Troye cautiously opened the folder and saw information about a house listing in Hollywood Hills. He looked up at Jacob in question.

"Hari had her dad's company looking and I thought this one was perfect for us...well, for you."

"We're suppose to buy a house together," Troye said his voice breaking.

Jacob bit back a small sob and nodded, "I know, but at this point, that can't happen. I'm sorry. I can't do this, if you could so easily hit me without giving it a second thought."

"Jacob, please, I'm so sorry- I love you so much, I can't believe I did that and it will never ever ever happen again, please forgive me."

Jacob sighed, "I forgive you, T. But, I don't trust you."

Jacob's words knocked the air right out of Troye. Troye couldn't respond.

"Anyways," Jacob said moving into the kitchen, "You've got a meeting with the agent to check out the house in like two hours, so you should probably get ready."

Troye nodded and quietly sulked over the the bathroom.

Jacob let out the shaky breath that he was holding in. He hated this situation. He hated the idea of Troye moving out. He hated the fact that Troye was so upset. But, he couldn't do it. He could not accept Troye's behavior and pretend it didn't happen. Recognizing he needed support, Jacob reached for his cell phone and opened a text to Angie.

Jacob:
Angie- I asked Troye to move out

Angie:
What?!?! Why!

Jacob:
We were arguing and he hit me

Angie:
Oh my god, baby. Are you ok?

Jacob:
I mean it really wasn't that bad, but after what you and mum went through, I can't just let that go