set me free

Troye's first show was in the Big Apple. He was nervous, excited, and already exhausted. His morning was filled with rehearsal, followed by a sound check, and then it was time to get ready for the show. As he sat backstage killing time, before it was his turn to go on, Dani approached him with a middle aged man dressed in a fancy suit.

The man stuck out his hand to introduce himself, and while Troye shook his hand, he was much too invested in his own thoughts to actually listen to what was going on until the man said, "so how would you feel about modeling for Yves Saint Laurent?"

"Whatttt?" Troye said. "Did you just ask me to model?" Troye laughed. "I'm lucky if I'm 5'8". All of the female models are probably taller than me," Troye continued.

The man gave him a warm smile. "Mr. Sivan, we don't care how tall you are or aren't. We like your look. We're thinking some photos for advertisements and also having you represent us during fashion week in Paris."

"Fashion week...in Paris!" Troye exclaimed. He looked to Dani who nodded in a manner to help him realize that what the man in front of him was saying was true.

"But, I don't know the first thing about runway walking." Troye answered.

"That's alright. We'll teach you. You will fly out, meet us for practice in the morning, get ready for the show, and be all ready to walk. If you agree to represent us, and I really hope you do, I will grab your measurements tonight before I go, that way your wardrobe will be all set."

"When's the show?" Troye asked.

"10 days" the man replied.

"10 days!" Troye exclaimed. "Dani, does that even work in our schedule?"

Dani explained, "If we leave immediately following your show in Philadelphia and then leave Paris the afternoon of the following day of the show, we will have a successful trip to and back from Paris without missing a concert. By the way, I really need you to say yes because the flights are already booked."

While Troye didn't exactly feel comfortable with the idea, he was also intrigued by the new experience. "Ya, ok, let's do this!"

"That's my boy!" The man cheered as he pulled out a measuring tape to quickly gather the necessary information to prepare Troye's wardrobe for the runway.

Troye didn't have long to process what just happened because before he knew it, he was being called to the stage.

"Kiss me on the mouth and set me free..." freely escaped Troye's lips as he gazed around the venue and came alive. He could hardly hear himself sing, let alone think, as the crowd joined him word for word. Their energy, the lights, his band, the stage- it made Troye feel a way that he couldn't describe, it made Troye feel at home. A warmness spread throughout him and by the time he sung the final "my youth is yours!", Troye was sure, no he was fucking positive, that there was no where else he would rather be. With 68 more concerts lined up in the Blue Neighbourhood tour, Troye was on pace to fully accept the part of himself that he for so long wanted to unearth. Now, it was time for him to fully embrace it.