cross your fingers, here we go

Troye totally rocked the Ellen show and he was bombarded by fans looking for autographs outside of the studio, though luckily Chris was there to keep things in line.

Still, Troye moped as he missed Jacob.

As they drove back to the hotel, Dani spoke up. "Troye- you spent one day with him. One day, baby. I get that he must have been really good," Dani looked at Shaun and gave him a sympathetic shrug. "But, you can't let that control your life."

"Ugh, Dani," Troye groaned. "Just let me be miserable. This is about more than just one day. He said he liked me. I said I liked him. It's not just about a fuck."

Chris bit back a smirk and nodded.

"What?" Troye asked him.

"You just speak very openly in front of your dad," Chris laughed. "I'm certain my dad would have lost his shit by now."

Troye looked over to his dad who was sitting next to him and put his head on his dad's shoulder. "My dad's the best," Troye said.

Shaun replied, "after hearing some of his songs for the first time, Troye's mother and I were a bit umm overwhelmed. Since then we have accepted the fact that most young people do the sorts of things that Troye talks/sings about and that Troye is just much more open about it. In a sense, we feel lucky that Troye was able to trust us enough to be this open and I think it says something about how close we are. But, to be honest, if my daughter tries the same thing, we might be having a different conversation."

Troye laughed. "Gender norms suck. But, I get it. Heterosexual sex is so gross, I wouldn't want to hear about it either."

"That's totally not the point, Tok," Shaun laughed, "and let's be real. You wouldn't even be here if it weren't for..." Troye quickly put his hands over his ears. "Ew! No. No. We aren't having this conversation. Nope! Umm, nice day, isn't it?"

Everyone in the car laughed.

Later that evening, Troye was seated in between Chris and his dad on a flight to Las Vegas.

"I'm sick of aeroplanes," Troye complained.

"Well, after today, the shows are close enough that we'll be relying mainly on your tour bus, for awhile," Chris said.

Troye let his head drop to Chris's shoulder. "I didn't sign up to be your pillow, Mr. Sivan," Chris said.

"But, like you and I are going to become like the bestest friends. We get to go like everywhere together and do everything together. It will be so much fun," Troye said teasing Chris.

"You're exhausting, kid. And I really don't have to go everywhere and do everything," Chris added.

Chris jerked his shoulder up a bit to get Troye to move. "Come on, Chris!" Troye whined. "My dad's shoulder needs a break and I need to snuggle."

"I think you need a boyfriend," Chris said as he used his hands to pick Troye's head off his shoulder.

"That's rude. Meanie!" Troye said.

"I don't get paid to be nice," Chris said.

"Dani!" Troye called out to the girl sitting across the aisle from Chris.

"Yes, Troye?" She asked.

"I need a new, Chris," Troye whined.

"Why's that?"

"Chris won't let me snuggle up next to him and I'm tired and he's mean."

"He sounds perfect, if you ask me," Dani said. Chris laughed.