one way trip like an arrow

Tyde insisted on watching Troye perform alongside Jacob and he forced Sage to tag along. As it would turn out, Tyde, Jacob and Sage had so much fun together.

"Jacob, I'm just going to call you Jake for now," Sage said after the show.

"Why?" Jacob asked.

"Because it ends with an E, like the rest of ours do," Sage explained.

Jacob smiled. It felt so good to be on such nice terms with Troye's little brother and sister. He figured that not everyone would like him, but these two more than made up for it.

In fact, Sage and Tyde spent most of their time with Troye and Jacob while they were all in LA. But, unfortunately, the time came for Troye to go back on tour and for the Mellet's to return to Australia.

The Mellet's all stopped by Jacob's apartment to say goodbye to Troye. As Shaun and Laurelle chatted with their middle son, they glanced over and saw Sage and Tyde, both with their arms wrapped tightly around Jacob.

Laurelle looked at Shaun and smiled. She then looked at Steele who rolled his eyes. He still wasn't ready to even talk to Jacob let alone accept that Jacob was good enough for his little brother.

Troye turned to look at his boyfriend and shook his head, "Sage and Tyde, he's had enough of you over these past few days."

Jacob shook his head, "Nope. Definitely have not. Can we adopt them?"

Laurelle laughed. "I think they have parents that would miss them."

Jacob looked at her and replied, "But, they also have a Troye and Jacob, well at least a Jacob," he said looking over at an annoyed Troye, "who will miss them too."

"Jake," said Sage. "It's Jake- gotta end in an E." Jacob planted a kiss on her forehead and one on Tyde's cheek.

"Call me, text me, Skype me, tweet me, hit me up on IG, snap me- do all of that, just don't forget me," Jacob told Troye's younger siblings.

Shaun looked on in a sense of awe. He was taken aback by just how well his children had gotten along with a boy he was so ready to write off.

"Hey Jacob, er Jake I mean," Shaun said with a smile, "are you coming with Tokky when his tour comes to Australia?"

Jacob looked at Troye and Troye said, "without a doubt."

Jacob smiled and nodded.

"Good- we look forward to it. Maybe in the meantime, we can visit when you guys are in Europe," Shaun said.

Troye sighed, he was excited for tour, but his schedule was absolutely jammpacked for months and there were some days, weeks even, that Jacob wouldn't be able to accompany him.

But, he was determined to make it work. And Troye and Jacob did more than just make it work, they absolutely thrived. They got together with friends in Colorado and explored museums together all over Europe. And Troye's fans totally ate it up. Talk about Tracob was all over social media and some fans tried to chronicle their every move. Of course, no relationship was always perfect, but it wasn't until July that Troye and Jacob faced their first real test as a couple.