safe like spring time

Troye and Jacob woke up the next afternoon at home. After their tryst on the beach, they hung out with Hari at the party for a bit before heading home. Despite the fact that the boys didn't drink too much, they woke up feeling not their best- a bit sore from their activities the night before.

As soon as Troye stretched and got out of bed, he pulled on a pair of joggers and headed into the kitchen to make some coffee, still half asleep. Troye then jumped when he heard a gentle voice say, "Hi Tok," from the living room.

"Fuck! Mum you scared me!"

"Language!" Shaun warned.

"Sorry, I forgot you two were here. Want some coffee?" Troye replied moving to the kitchen.

"Already had some-it's 1:00 in the afternoon, after all," Shaun laughed.

Troye shrugged and turned his back to his parents.

"Tok!" Laurelle yelled, "what happened!" She ran over and touched Troye's back. Troye jumped at the pain. "What the hell are you doing?" He asked.

"Don't talk to your mother like that, Troye Sivan!" Shaun scolded.

"Well she fucking hurt me!"

"Troye, stop," Laurelle demanded.

Troye sighed. Laurelle took out her phone snapped a picture of Troye's back and showed it to him.

"What happened?" Laurelle asked concerned.

Troye's eyes went wide when he looked at the picture and then he burst out laughing, "Oh my god!" Troye then moved back into his bedroom and shook Jacob awake.

Jacob shot a confused look at Troye as he sat up.

"Look at my back, Babe," Troye laughed and turned around.

"Oh my god, baby. I'm so sorry!" Jacob said moving closer to the side of the bed to get a closer look.

"What is going on?" Laurelle asked moving into the room.

"Mum!" Troye yelled and quickly Jacob pulled a sheet over his lap.

"I'm sorry, I'm sorry," Laurelle said covering her face, "most people wear clothes to bed, you know..."

Troye laughed, "this is such a disaster- we need a bigger house."

Jacob blushed deeply.

Laurelle took a second to compose herself and then said, "Ok, so what happened last night?"

Troye and Jacob exchanged glances. "Could we like not have this conversation?" Jacob asked as he moved Troye to turn so he could look at his back again, "it's not that bad."

"Not bad?" Laurelle asked, "I can't even tell if I'm looking at scrapes or burns or what? I think a doctor should look at it."

Troye groaned, "Mum, please, it's ok."

"Just tell me what it's from and I'll be the judge of that," Laurelle said crossing her arms, "it's all over your back, Tok!"

Shaun then entered with his phone in hand and showed Laurelle a picture from a google search, "It sort of looks like a friction burn."

"A friction burn?" Laurelle asked.

"Oh my fuck, it's from sand! Ok?!?" Troye nearly yelled.

"Language," Shaun sighed, "and how in the world did you get that from sand?"

Troye looked at Jacob and Jacob buried his face in his hands. "This is not happening," Jacob whined.

Shaun's jaw dropped in realization. "What the hell did you two do?"