maybe our time has come

The next morning, Troye was waking up in his hotel room in Philadelphia.  Despite getting a decent amount of sleep, Troye was exhausted. He reached for his phone to check the time when he noticed a text message on his screen.

Jacob:
Hey bubs, is everything ok? Did I do something wrong?

Troye sat up quickly and began to type.

Troye:
Hey Jakes! No! You didn't do anything wrong, I flew out to LA for a doozy of a trip the other day. Back in the east coast now and feeling soooo worn out.

Jacob:
Well you better make sure you are drinking enough water and washing your hands like crazy. Wouldn't want you to get sick.

Jacob:
What's good in LA, by the way?

Troye:
Nothing. Absolutely nothing.

Jacob:
Well that's cause you aren't there anymore.

Troye:
Haha. Honestly though. It was a bad trip.

Jacob:
Why?

Troye:
I flew out there to break things off with Connor.

Jacob:
Oh god, Troye. I'm so sorry. Are you ok?

Troye:
Actually, I feel relieved. But then I feel horrible for feeling so relieved. Mostly, I'm just worried about Connor. He didn't take it so well.

Jacob:
Well, 2 years is a significant amount of time

Troye:
Well, time can't transform itself into love

Jacob:
Retweet

Troye:
LOL

Jacob:
You're right though. It doesn't matter how long you've known someone or how little you actually know them, love is either there or it isn't. Love doesn't discriminate based on time.

Troye:
It's too early in the morning, Jakes. My brain can't process all of this.

Jacob:
Haha, ok. I just wanted to make sure we were cool. Call me later?

Troye:
Will do! Err- probably a quick call, I have a flight to catch right after my show.

Jacob:
NP. I just need a quick Aussie accent fix.

Troye:
Technically speaking, I'm South African and my accent is a mix of South African and Australian.

Jacob:
Technically speaking, it doesn't matter what it is, I adore it.

Troye:
Makes sense. Talk to you later!

That night, the show in Philadelphia did much to raise Troye's spirits. Sure, it was bit odd hearing all of Troye's joyous fans sing words that were so personal to him and Connor and he couldn't help but think about how Connor was at home falling apart. But, he quickly realized it wasn't fair for himself to dwell on Connor. Troye had to heal and build himself up as well, for him and his adoring fans.

"We have 30 minutes before we have to be in the car," Dani called to Troye as soon as he stepped off of the stage.

"No problem," Troye responded as he worked his way back into his dressing room.

Immediately he grabbed his phone and called Jacob.

"Hi," he heard Jacob pick up sounding groggy.
"I'm sorry, were you sleeping," Troye asked.
"Ya, but, I was also expecting your call." Jacob tried to clear the sound of slumber from his throat. "How is my South African born, Australian bred, boy?"
"Ugh." Troye responded. "I should have never of corrected you."
"Yes, you really should have. I want to know everything about you-everything. Like do you prefer when Sharpies have a fine point or chiseled tip?"
"Oh. My. God," Troye laughed. "You are ridiculous. Fine point. But, we can't have this sort of conversation now. You need to sleep and I have a plane to catch. My next few days are sure to be insane, but I'll text and call. K?"
"Sounds fair," Jacob said. "I prefer fine points too. Travel safely, baby. I love you."
Troye paused for a moment as the word love danced around his head. He and Jacob have shared the word so many times before, but it's only in the recent day and a half that Troye has really started to consider the weight behind such a word. Realizing now was not the time to analyze something made of 4 little letters he responded, "I love you too! Bye!" Before hanging up.

Troye slept the entire way to Paris and he woke up feeling so much better than he did before. His excitement grew as the pilot announced that they were making their final descent. Troye never thought about modeling before, but here he was, trading in his pop star title for that of runway model for a couple days. It then donned on him that he should have asked Jacob for some pointers and made a note to do so before the actual show, but for now, they were having to head over straight to venue for some much needed practice.

Troye ran his fingers through his hair, patted down his clothes, popped in a piece of gum and followed Dani over to a tall young man who was waiting by the door. Automatically the man reached his hand out, "Hi! I'm Louis and you must be Troye. It's so nice to meet you. Just look at your curls, they are to die for!"
Troye blushed and replied "Hi, Louis."
Louis gestured for Troye to follow him as Dani stepped away to take a phone call. Louis began, "So, I hear you need a little help in learning to walk the runway. That's what I'm here for."
They rounded the corner and nearly ran into a tall, blonde girl whose jaw dropped upon seeing Troye. "Lillie," Louis said, "This is Troye. Troye this is Lillie. Troye will be walking for YSL. It's his first show! Tell the others to be nice." Lillie nodded.
As soon as Troye and Louis moved out a door to approach the actual runway, Lillie spun around and headed down the hall exclaiming. "Oh my god, oh my god, Troye Sivan is here!"

A tall girl with shoulder length dark hair and long bangs stepped into the hallway. "Who's here?"'she asked.
"Troye Sivan!" Lillie replied. "He's like one of the hottest up and coming pop stars in the world."
"I know who Troye fucking Sivan is, Lillie," the girl replied. "Why is he here?" She said trying to hide her excitement.
"He is walking for YSL tonight. You should see him, he's like totally nervous. It's adorable." Her giant heart eyes were nearly popping out of her head.
"Drop it, Lillie. He's gay," the girl replied before turning back into the dressing room and pulling out her phone. She typed:

Where the fuck are you right now, Jacob?

Jacob:

I'm taking a smoke break, my darling, Hari. Why?

Hari didn't respond. But, before Jacob could even finish his cigarette, Hari was pushing out of the door.

"Where's the fire?" Jacob asked, laughing at his friend. Hari's face filled with a knowing smile and she squealed. Jacob laughed again. "What has gotten into you?" He asked pushing a piece of hair out of Hari's face.

"Brace yourself," Hari said.

"Ok...," Jacob said taking another drag from his cigarette.

"Fucking Troye is here!"
Jacob's eyes darted up to meet Hari's in confusion.

"Troye. Your Troye. Troye Sivan. He's here." Hari said jumping up and down.

"Are you fucking with me, Hari?" Jacob asked, his tone serious.

"Jake- he's really here. He's with Louis right now at the runway. Louis is apparently giving him some pointers."

"Pointers for what?" Jacob asked still unsure if Hari was being serious.

"Remember how they said a special guest was walking for YSL tonight- that must be Troye."

Jacob smiled when he remembered that Troye had to get on a plane right after his concert last night. Suddenly it hit him, Troye Sivan was in the same place as him at the same time.
Jacob looked down at himself and ran his hand through his hair. "Do I look ok?" Jacob asked Hari.

"Totally fuckable," Hari responded, "but you probably taste like lucky strikes," she added throwing a pack of gum at him.