it's my mistake

Troye woke at 10:00 AM the next morning. He stretched and enjoyed how the soft sheets and comforter felt surrounding his naked body. Remembering that Jacob had a flight to catch, Troye reached for his phone, opened his text messages and typed:

Troye:

Morning, Jakes! I hope you have a safe flight!

Jacob:

Good morning to you too, love! And thank you!

Jacob:

I'll text you when we land.

Troye almost texted Jacob back in affirmation, but then he decided he would very much so like to hear Jacob's gorgeous voice again. So he decided to share that sentiment with Jacob.

Troye:

You could...

Troye:

Or, you could just call me? I would really enjoy hearing your voice again.

Jacob:

Sure, baby. I'd like that as well. Talk soon.

Troye:

Sounds perfect! Love you!

Jacob:

I love you, too

Troye then decided now was probably the best time to try and work out his problems, so he dialed Leland's number.

"Troye, I get that you are on the other side of the country, but here in LA it's only 7:10 in the morning. Luckily, I saw it was you calling or else I probably wouldn't have answered. Is everything ok?"

"Good Morning, Brett! How are you?" Troye giggled.

"Troye, did you really just call to ask how I was," Leland responded. "If that's the case, I'm pretty fucking tired, to tell you the truth."

"Ok, well wake that brain of yours up. I need some advice," Troye said.

"Ok, ok, I'm awake. What can I do for you this time?" Leland asked.

"So...remember that guy Jacob I told you about?"

"Hmm, you mean the one that messaged you on the internet, Troye?"

"Mmmhmm, that one."

"Is he still bothering you, T?"

"Oh, NO! He's not bothering me at all," Troye was quick to correct Leland. "Er, I maybe bothered him last night a bit."

"Ok, so apologize," said Leland.

"Listen- I'm not done," Troye groaned. "So last night, I might have gotten a bit horny. I just felt so good coming off of the stage, I have this big gorgeous bed and room all to myself and it all just felt sooo good. So I called Connor."

"Ok..." Leland said to let Troye know he was listening.

"Anyways, I tried to umm involve Connor in my intimate moment and he rushed me off the phone because he was hanging out with JC. He fucking left me hanging, Brett, and my body was not liking that at all."

"So, I can stop by and knock some sense into Connor today. But what does this have to do with the model from the internet," Leland asked.

"I'm getting there. For whatever reason, once I hung up with Connor. I called Jacob. It was actually the first time I have ever called him and so he was concerned and his voice is so sexy and I think I took advantage of the situation," Troye spoke a mile a minute.

Leland cut in, "Slow down. How did you take advantage of the situation?"

Troye replied, "Oh, I don't know. Maybe because we engaged in, I guess what you could call, phone sex..."

"Meaning what exactly?!?" Leland exclaimed.

"I asked him to talk me through what to do, put the phone on speaker, he instructed me to basically stroke my dick and stick some fingers in my hole and we shared some sentiments about what we would like to do to each other until I came all over myself...so ya, definitely phone sex."

"Oh. My. God. TROYE! I don't even know what to say." Leland forced out.

"Say that it is completely normal for bros to be bros and engage in sexual acts over the phone as a favor because friends do things like that?" Troye suggested.

"Baby, I don't really think friends do things like that. So let me ask this, what is your biggest concern?" Leland inquired.

"I, don't want to lose him, Leland." Troye said almost in a whisper.

"Connor?" Leland asked.

"No. I mean, whatever him too, I guess. I meant that I don't want Jacob to get weird with me, I don't want him to stop talking to me. I mean we texted this morning. He says he will call me once his flight lands, but like what if he doesn't? What if he thinks I'm weird or something? What if, what if he hates the way my accent sounds over the phone?" Troye asked in a panic.

"Oh hun, I don't think you have to worry about any of that. If that boy was willing to do what he did for you, something tells me you have him wrapped around those bony fingers of yours. What you maybe should worry about, is what your actual boyfriend will think of this." Leland said.

"Wait, you actually think I would tell Connor," Troye laughed. "Good one, Brett."

Leland let out a deep breath and added, "Maybe not. But, let me tell you what I do think. I think that maybe, and hear me out before saying anything. I think that maybe this Jacob means a little more to you than you are willing to admit. Like maybe, well obviously, things just aren't platonic between you two. And also, you should probably consider the status of your relationship with Connor before this goes any farther."

"Leland, I've never even met Jacob. This was just like a favor that Jacob did for me." Troye thought about saying it was a one-time thing, but he remembered that he had maybe suggested something about there being a next time involving a vibrator when he was on the phone with Jacob and he wasn't really willing to give that up.

"Alright, well. I really don't know what else to say, Troye. You know you are one of my best friends and that I love you so much, but I sure as hell would never agree to have phone sex with you, at least not while I was sober and even then I don't think I could ever do that. I wish I had better words to put you at ease, doll, but honestly I think you are walking a dangerous path here and I don't think your future can involve Connor and Jacob both."

"Ya, thanks Mum," Troye scoffed.

"Look, you asked for my advice. I gave it to you. I'm not going to lie and tell you what you want to hear. But I am going to jump in the shower, so unless there is some realistic life problem that I can solve for you, I'm probably going to have to say goodbye."

"No, Brett. I understand. I'm sorry. Thank you for being such a great friend. I guess this is something I need to work out a bit more on my own."

"I would agree. Love you and don't hesitate to call even if you just need to vent."

"Love you too, Brett. Bye!"

Troye dropped his phone, raked his hands through his hair and groaned. Before he could even process another thought, his phone pinged with a new notification. Picking it up he read:

Dani:

Fallon tonight!!!!!! This is going to be HUGE, Troye!

Troye smiled because as complicated as his personal life was shaping up to be, professionally things couldn't be going any better.