chapter 35

~ Saturday Night ~

All cheerleaders were arriving to the football field together, it was dark outside but thanks to the stadium lights all the faces in the crowd were visible. "Oh, wow first game of the season, feels like the whole damn city is here watching." Jimin expressed noticing that both their and the other college teams bleachers were packed that some people had to sit on the grass nearby. 

"Don't tell me you're nervous? We've competed in front of bigger crowds and you've done amazing all those times." Yoongi said to his best friend. He placed a comforting hand on Jimin who relaxed at the touch before taking in a big breath of the spring air, filling up his lungs until releasing it back into the open field. Frowning, lost in thought. 

"It's just a football game Jimin. We are here to get the crowd on their feet to chant with us and support our team. All we have to do today is be loud and proud, go mighty leopards!" Yoongi cheered peppily throwing his hands up in the air with his pompoms attached, he was shaking them vigorously and grinning widely until he saw Jimin's glossed lips curve up into a relived smile.  

Jimin hugged Yoongi and the two went to meet up with the other cheerleaders that were already taking their places and waving at the crowd. They were getting them fired up, stomping on the bleachers, waving their school banners as they waited teams would be on the field. "LET'S GO MIGHTY LEOPARDS CRUSH THEM!" They chanted enthusiastically. 

"RIP THEIR HEADS OFF TIGERS!" Cheered the other side of the stadium as their cheerleaders got their supports fighting back. Jimin's eyes glanced behind him to see the opposing team staring dead at them, their fierce eyes watching them like they were about to devour them. "F-I-G-H-T! T-I-G-E-R-S!" The noticeable captain paraded with a smirk on her face as she locked eyes with Jimin. 

"Just a football game, no need to get bent out of shape Jimin. We will get into the tournament and fucking crush you bitch." Jimin said to himself vowing to the female across the field. The slim male turned around and continued on waving his pompoms, shouting to his side of the crowd and pumping them up even further. "L-E-O-P-A-R-D-S!! LETS GO FIGHT WIN!" Jimin cheered and his team followed along. 

Jungkook and Taehyung were standing side by side in the locker room, fully clothed in their uniforms with their helmets in their hands as they listened to their team captain. Namjoon was pacing back and forth, shouting at his team, not harshly but trying to ease their nerves because he himself was anxious about the battle they were about to get into but as the one they looked up to he put on a brave face. 

"TEAM WORK MAKES THE FUCKING DREAM WORK! SO IF YOU GUYS WANNA GET TAKE THE CHAMIONSHIP TROPHY AND SHOW THEM DICKHEADS THAT WE ARE BETTER THAN THEM, THEN YOU ALL NEED GET OUT THERE AND WIN GOD DAMNIT! WIN NO MATTER FUCKING WHAT, YOU HERE ME LEOPARDS!" Namjoon announced at the top of his lungs getting his team to shout as well. 

Taehyung and Jungkook were rattled up, rioting in the group with their teammates, jumping up and down, pushing here and there, all them had this burst of energy in their bodies and they were ready to fight to make their roars heard.

The football team departed together and ventured their way towards the stadium to see the marching band taking their places on the field, ready to guide them into the battle field. Jungkook felt his blood pumping, the sound of the bass drum being hit had his heart accelerating crazily even though he's been in this situation a thousand of times.

Jungkook's been a football player since he was 12, it was one of the many psychical activities he enjoyed but what he loved most was the certain victories he could lead his team too. College football was a lot tougher though and in the past two years he's met tons of stronger athletes.