The Wedding (Mia's POV) Chapter 60

"Do I look okay?"

"Do I look like I'm trying too hard?"

"Do I look fat?"

"Oh my gosh, what if he cancels the wedding because he finds me too ugly?!"

"MUM!"

"Mia, relax!" Mum said, hugging me tightly. "You look fine - beauiful, in fact! Greyson will not cancel the wedding because if he does, Derek's gonna take care of him.

"Pardon?" Derek said, looking at Mum, raising his eyebrow. "I'm not gonna do that! And Mia, stop shouting. You look fine! Plus, guys hate that."

"See?" Mum said, stroking my hair. I took a deep breath.

It really is impossible for there to be no wedding jitters.

"Thank you." I said to Mum. "For everything."

She smiled in return. "I'm your mother. This is completely normal."

"Okay, I'm out of here." Derek said, his arms in surrender.

"Nice tux." I told him, winking.

"Embrace it, woman." He said, putting his hands up. "You ain't seeing me in this again."

I stuck my tongue out at him. It just pays to still act like a kid sometimes.

Looking at myself one last time in my mirror, I smiled in satisfaction at what my mother has done.

"Mum, I look amazing." I said.

"Oh, you're welcome." She smirked. In the last few years, I've learned that my mum has opened 4 branches of her salon in Australia, 3 in New Zealand and a few branches across America. She did my makeup for free and the bridesmaids' makeup were done by her favorite employees, still free of charge.

Taking a deep breath, I linked arms with my mother as we exited the hotel room.

======================:::::::::::::::::::=====================

"When did you grow?" Dad said, giving me one of his famous bear hugs as I let his tears roll down.

"Hey, Dad." I said, hugging him back.

"It seems like only yesterday I was carrying you in my arms." He smiled, close to tears. "This day is going to be perfect."

He gave me a huge grin and accompanied me to the church.

====================:::::::::::::::::::::=====================

The church was grand, from its chandelier-filled ceiling to its marble ground. The orchestra Mum hired played such a beautiful song upon my entrance. It was something I have never heard before, and I was secretly hoping it was Greyson's own composition.

My father accompanied my along the aisle, tears now obvious in his eyes.

When we made it to the altar, I heard my dad's audible whisper in Greysson's ear.

'I trust you with my princess.'

Greyson smiled at him, and said thanks. Dad left and took a seat in his reserved bench.

"You look beautiful." Greyson told me. I rolled my eyes.

"You've been telling me that ever since you had the right to." I whispered.

"But it's true." He smirked. 

Satisfied with that, I smiled back and let the ceremony begin.

=====================::::::::::::::::::::::::::=========================