All About Us (Daniel's POV) Chapter 38

11 months later.......

For the past few months, I've started to fall for Mia. All over again, like nothing has changed.

I've started not to remember what Jackson and I talked about, but little did I know that it'd be the biggest  mistake I've ever made.

Not that he did anything to her, I wouldn't have let that pass. But ... Well, I'll just tell you the whole thing.

Earlier that year.....

December 14th.

The day that brought back a lot of memories.

The first and last time I had danced with Sienna.

Today was the 13th, and I still had no one to go with me. Alex was going with Maddie, and I was planning to take Mia, but I remembered Jackson, and he wouldn't like that. Sienna wouldn't like us to fight either.

But then I thought, Why couldn't we just go as friends? I mean, we could go, I could dance with her, I guess, but that wouldn't mean that I'm taking her as my date. Right?

I decided to grab my phone and ask her before anyone else does. Just in case you never knew, she's hot. A bunch of guys check her out on a daily basis and honestly, by now I was assuming that she had a date. but it wouldn't hurt to try, right?

"Hello?" Mia said, after finally picking up her phone.

"Hey." I greeted.

"Hi there!" She chirped over the phone.

"You got some time?" I asked.

"Sure." Mia replied. "You need anything?"

"Well, I was gonna ask you something...." I began. "Uh...."

"Yes?" Mia said, with and encouraging yet patient tone.

"You got a date to prom?" I whispered, hoping she heard me.

"What?" she asked. Damn.

"I said," I sighed, trying to make my voice louder. "Do you have anyone to go with to prom?"

"Not really." she told me. "Why?"

"Well, I was wondering...." I began. "If......."

"If I wanted to go with you?" Mia tried, and I felt her smile.

I sighed. "Do you?"

"Well, sure." she replied. A smile crept on my face when she said that.

"Really?" I said.

"Duh." Mia said in a duh tone. Wait, what?

"So..... I'll pick you up at 6?" I asked her.

"Sure." she replied.

"Awesome." I said, as she ended the call.

The next day, I made sure I looked as attractive as possible.

My sister said that I didn't need help in that, she told me it comes out naturally but what the hell! I needed to make sure she liked how I looked.

I haven't cared about my image in 2 years, ever since.. that change. I didn't care a single bit about how anyone saw me except for now.

When I was finally satisfied, I grabbed the keys and started Mom's car. I was headed to Mia's house. But my phone buzzed, and I saw that it was from her.

FROM: Mia

Hey Daniel! I'll be a little late, but you go ahead. I'll meet you there. :*

I sighed but told her I'll meet her at the entrance. Is she alright? I hope she is. I got back in the car and headed for school.

I got there about 15 minutes later. Usually, it'd take me half an hour or so when I'm with someone, but now I was all alone.

I was greeted by Alex, Maddie and a bunch of other people. Jackson, now a graduate and in college (erm, university), wasn't here. Which was a pretty good thing because if he saw me with Mia (or any other girl), I'm dead meat.

===============::::::::::::::::::::===============

About an hour passed already. Mia still wasn't here, so I decided to call her.

"Hello?" she replied, pretty groggily.

"Mia?" I said. "You okay?"

"Yeah." she replied, sounding like she had a clogged nose. "I'm sorry, I kinda fell asleep and-"

"No." I said, cutting her off. "You go rest, I'm coming to your place."

"You don't have to-" 

"Shush." I whispered, cutting her off again. "I'll be there."

She let out a giggle and I told her I'm on my way.

I got back to the parking lot - without anyone noticing - and started the car, put on some upbeat music and began driving.

When I got to her place, I knocked and was immediately let in by Mrs. MacAller. I said hi, and headed straight to Mia's room.

"Hey." I greeted, opening her door.

"Daniel!" she said, getting off her bed to give me a hug. (Play the song! :DD)

"You alright?" I asked her, hugging her back. 

"Yeah," she replied, squeezing my hand tightly. "Sorry for ditching you there."

"You didn't ditch." I said, stroking her hair. "You'd have ditched if you didn't tell me. And well, even if you didn't, I would've forgiven you." She giggled.

"Take my hand." I told her.

"Where are we going?" Mia asked me.

"Just trust me, close your eyes." I assured her, taking her iPod and speakers along and not letting her go.

I brought her to her backyard. A beautifully landscaped garden with a tiny fountain in between the beauty.

"Now open." I instructed.

She did, and she gave me a confused look, but I could see her smile.

"You brought me to my backyard." she commented.

"Yes." I replied. "Yes, i did."

"But why?"

"Because," I smirked. "I want you to remember your first prom night in Gold Coast."

"I wanna remember it, too." Mia said, "But-"

"Hey." I said, placing my forefinger on her lips. "Dance with me."

She smiled, and placed her hands on my shoulders while I placed my hand on her hip.

We waltzed for a long time, not keeping our eyes off each other. We were lost in each other's gazes, and it felt right. Nobody could ever interrupt us, and I felt great. I felt something I haven't felt in a long time.

I was in love.

And I will never stop loving her.

=================::::::::::::::::::================

Hey! (:

Sorry for the late-ish update, but I was busy. And so far, this is honestly my favorite chapter. I loved writing it, and I hope you enjoyed reading it. I'll try to update, though I'm not making any promises. I got my report card yesterday, and I wouldn't be telling you the truth if I said that I was doing well. Anyway, enjoy! ((: