Pitch Black (Sienna's POV) Chapter 30

"Jackson." I firmly said. "Can you please do me a favor and drive faster?"

"It's traffic, Sienna." Jackson replied. "I can't control this."

I groaned and decided to give Daniel a phone call.

"Hi." I greeted through the receiver.

"Hey!" He replied. "Where are you?"

"On my way." I replied, looking out the window, trying to determine if the cars will move or not.

"Don't worry about me."

"Okay." Daniel replied. "See you then."

Then he hung up. I sighed.

Why the hell is there traffic anyway? What's the use of it?

"You know what," Jackson said. "I still don't understand why you're with that douchebag."

I rolled my eyes at my serious and overprotective brother.

"Jackson," I groaned. "How many times do I have to tell you he's not a douche?"

"When he finally has some proof he can handle you." Jackson mumbled.

I rolled my eyes. "Our relationship survived a year. Isn't that enough proof?"

He sighed. "You only survived one year together. Still in the honeymoon years."

I raised an eyebrow which he saw through the mirror.

"It goes like this," Jackson said, beginning his explanation. "I'm not really sure if it's true, but I heard somewhere that there are three stages of a relationship. The first two years are usually known as the 'Honeymoon Years'."

"Because?" I asked."Because those are the two years where you usually enjoy every single thing about your relationship. You enjoy everything about that person you're with, whether it's something good or not."

I nodded. "Continue please?"

"The third year is the year when you find out those things about that person." Jackson said, continuing his explanation. "For example, you found out that the guy you're dating smokes."

"Hey!" I protested. "Daniel does NOT smoke!"

"Defensive much?" Jackson smirked. "I only said it was an example."

I shrugged. "Anyway?"

"Well, let's just say that he smoked." Jackson said. "You found out that teensy little detail during your first two years, but of course you didn't mind it much. You still loved him for who he was. But during the third year, you begin having second thoughts on him. Something like that, I suck at explaining, I'm sorry."

I shrugged. "It's okay, I get your point. Next?"

"Then there's the fourth year of your relationship." He continued. "The hardest stage. This is the time you decide whether to stay in the relationship, or end it."

I nodded.

"I'd like to see you and that boyfriend of yours last that long." Jackson smirked.

"Oh we will." I said, sure of myself. "He's the guy I'm going to marry. I'm sure of it!"

"Are you?" Jackson clarified, raising an eyebrow. I nodded.

"Definitely." I confidently said.

"Okay then." Jackson sighed. "Oh, another thing..."

"Yeah?"

"Here's another piece of advice," Jackson told me. "If you really do think that Daniel's the one you're gonna marry, then you should know this;