Unlucky (Mia's POV) Chapter 52

It's now been 6 months since Greyson and I.... Made it happen.

I'm still healthy, luckily. I had my checkup a few days ago and found out it was gonna be a girl. I squealed on the insides, even if I knew this was gonna be really complicated.

Mum, Dad, Derek, and everybody else from home doesn't have a clue. I don't plan on letting them know, either. It's just gonna make everything harder for us.

The last time I had any contact with them was around 2 months ago. I told Mum everything that happened here - leaving out the part about my pregnancy. Mum mentioned that Dad's been stressed because of his work, considering the fact that he's now Vice President of his company. He's been going overtime a lot lately, and Mum also mentioned that his company might go bankrupt if they make another wrong decision. That's enough stress for our whole family, and I don't want to add to that.

Luckily, the only other people who knew about this were Kirsten and Nicole. They swore they wouldn't tell anybody, since I'd probably lose my scholarship because of it. I just covered it up by telling people I gained weight, which they easily bought.

Because of my condition, I was easily cranky and I had to skip out on dates, parties, dances, all the wonders of the college life. I knew I wasn't gonna experience any of those this year. And I probably won't next year, either.

I stayed healthy most of the time. I ate the right food, drank a glass of milk before sleeping, and at the same time, I kept up with my studies. My grades are still pretty good. Decent enough for me to keep my scholarship. Taking Daniel's advice, I took a major in English, though I still had no clue about what I was gonna do with my life once I graduated.

"Hey!" Kirsten greeted, skipping happily through the door.

"Hi!" I greeted back. "You seem really happy."

"Oh, I am!" She squealed. "Guess who just asked me out!"

I looked at her strangely, then shrugged because I really had no idea. Honest. I wasn't as social as I was in high school

"Come on!" She begged. "You know this! Here's a clue. I will never shut up about this guy."

I thought about it, and the only guy that entered my mind was James Winter.

It couldn't be him, right?

God, he was probably the most immature guy in the university. And he's a senior. He's freaking grauating. He acts like he's still in high school, with all the cliques and the other crap. Plus, he calls us losers for the love of vanilla ice cream. Losers. And whatever it was Kirsten saw in him, I'm wishing her all my luck.

"Please don't tell me it's James Winter." I whispered. She squealed

Uh-oh.

"YES IT'S JAMES WINTER!" She said, squealing while jumping

Those days when I could still do that.

"Why?" I asked. "Why him?!"

She shrugged. "I was expecting you to be happy for me, you know."

I sighed. "Krissy, I am. Really. It's just that, you know. He's honestly kinda immature - in my opinion - and don't you remember? He called us losers. Didn't you even wonder why he asked you out in the first place? He could be toying with you. I'm just looking out for you." She rolled her eyes at me.

"Look, Mi." she began. "I appreciate that. I look out for you too, but you don't have to look out for me until the point when you begin telling me who I will and will not date. I like James and you know that. Can't you be happy for me once? Because you know, I was always happy and supportive when it comes to you. And you know what? I should be the one looking out for you and going this overprotective because I'm not the stupid slutty one who slept with her boyfriend who got her pregnant!"