Forever In Our Hearts (Daniel's POV) Chapter 32

If I die young

Bury me in satin

Lay me down on a bed of roses

Sink me in the river, at dawn

Send me away with the words of a love song.

The lead singer of the Band Perry's voice blasted through the speakers on the day of Sienna's funeral.

She loved this song...

But I never actually thought that it would happen to her.

Everyone was present. Her parents, Jackson, Maddie, Beth, Jasmine, her other friends, Alex, and everyone else.

"She was the best." Maddie said, in the middle of her speech. "The best friend, student, daughter, girlfriend-"

She glanced at me at that line, teary-eyed, then looked away.

"-And most importantly, she was the best person God has ever created, to guide me with my life. Without her, well, I might not be as smart, or confident, or just basically, I wouldn't be like this right now. Sienna, wherever you are, thank you. On behalf of everyone here, thank you for being the most beautiful inspiration we have. We love you. You'll always be my best friend."

She sat down with tears in her eyes. I gulped and stood up next.

"She never deserved this." I told them all. "It was our anniversary. I wanted every single detail to be perfect. It was but..."

I cut myself off. Gulped, trying to fight back the tears. I let one go down my face then continued speaking.

"If I could ever see her again, I'd apologize to her. For not being perfect, for not being the best boyfriend. For not being her knight in shining armour, ready to sweep her off her feet."

I silently wept, sniffed and held back my tears.

"She was an angel, my angel. She taught me how to live like there's no tomorrow. If I could, I'd risk anything to bring her back. Even my own life."

I gulped. I thought of all the memories I had with her.

I knew I couldn't finish my speech.

I put the mic down and ran outside. Believe me, I'm smart and mature enough to know how disrespectful what I just did was. And to me, it didn't matter.

Sienna was gone.

No matter what I do, I know I can't bring her back to life.

I ran to our favorite hangout, under a tree near the park. I stood there, not knowing whether to move or not.

I thought about what happened to us a few months ago....

TO: Mia

Again, I'm sorry. I really didn't mean it, alright? Please tell me you forgive me...

I sent it.

"Hey." Sienna greeted me, cheerfully. "What's wrong?"

I shook my head and forced a smile.

"I'm fine." I told her.

"Who was that?" she asked me, pointing at my phone.

"Uh... It was..." I said, trying my best to hide the lie I was about to say.

"Mom."She raised an eyebrow.

"Your Mom?"I nodded, eagerly, relieved that she believed me.