The Last Day of School (Mia's POV) Chapter 7

Faster...... Faster...... Faster. I screamed at the clock in my mind. Today was the last day of school. Or at least the last

"And now, for more announcements....." Mr. Traiser said, we all groaned.

"We'll have our annual dance tomorrow, 7:00 pm." We all cheered! Year 9, we're fifteen. Nobody treats us like babies anymore.

"Whoa! Hold up, Alliana Williams," we all looked at Alliana, "Please come with me outside." A chorus of 'oohs', 'ohhhh!', and 'owned!' and 'pwnage!'s roamed around the room. Alliana looked at her sister and I, we both gave her encouraging nods, and she followed Mr. Traiser outside the room. Being who we were, Ariana and I couldn't help but eavesdrop on the conversation.

"Sir, did I do anything wrong?" Alliana asked, her voice quivering. Ariana and I looked at each other with wide eyes. Some time this year, three of us decided to play a prank on one of the really old and mean lifeguard in our pool. When it was his lunch break, we snuck into the pool and dyed the water red. Coach Diana was like, "But, I already had menopause!" and we couldn't stop cracking up! She must've spotted one of us and reported it to the principal. Just the thought of it got us cracking up again.

"Ms. Williams, I would like to speak to you about your grades." Mr. Traiser said. Her grades? She's a top student! What could've happened?

"Sir?" Alliana said, her voice shaking. I felt a slight shiver myself, and Alliana must've felt something too.

Mr. Traiser gave her a warm smile "Alliana, please relax. You got a straight A+ on your latest report card. Now, I'm talking about acceleration."

My eyes and Ariana's eyes widened and our jaws dropped. And apparently, so did Alliana's.

"Wh-what did you say?" Alliana asked him, obviously trying to hide her scream.

"Acceleration, Alliana. If you take this test, and if you get a high grade, you'll be beginning Year 11 this January."

Her eyes brightened and she had a huge smile on her face "When can I take it?"

"Anytime you want, as long as you wont be missing any classes and as long as it's in the afternoon. Just bring your report card." Mr. Traiser said, she nodded.

We squealed from the door, looking around, hoping no one heard us. When Ariana's conversation with Mr. Traiser was over, she had this HUGE grin on her face.

"OH MY GOSH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" Alliana screamed at the top of her lungs.

"I know right?!" Ariana and i said simultaneously.

"Okay students. Get to your next class."

And we did. But sadly, it was my least favourite class. Math. Ugh, just the name makes me wanna puke. Like in all our other subjects, all we did was recheck our latest exams. I got an 83% out of a hundred. For me, it was good enough.

After class, I texted Mum that I'd be riding with the Williams. The obviously let me.

While we waited for Mrs. Williams to arrive, we talked about random stuff, like we usually do. Then Ariana nudged me, very hard if I must say.

"Ow! What the hell, Ariana?" I said. Then she motioned to someone, who I just realized was Luke, looking in our direction.

"Shiiiiiii! Why is he looking here?!" I asked them both, with gritted teeth, and a red face.

"He's not just looking here," Alliana said, "He's going here."

"WHAT?!" I nearly screamed.

"Closer . . ." Ariana said, making my heart beat faster.